End of forex brokers CME & Reuters join forces

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by RedDuke, May 4, 2006.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

I do not think they will limit it to inst. only. Look what happenned to ES. Every contract bring $ to CME, for that public is needed.

#21     May 27, 2006
  2. "I am not going to post color and comments from speaking with CME FX Marketspace staff as it is better that they speak for themselves- call them up, they are most available to discuss... "

My understanding of FX Marketspace from speaking with them is that it is intended for retail on up. Take the 5 minutes and call the CME yourself instead of relying on those posting misinformation.

#22     May 27, 2006
  3. "relying on those posting misinformation"

"Thanks for your inquiry regarding FXMarketSpace. IB’s can participate in the usual way in which they interact in current CME markets with one exception: FXMarketSpace is limited to institutional users. The platform is not available to retail users.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick Sears, Managing Director, FX

Chicago Mercantile Exchange

20 South Wacker Drive

Chicago, IL 60606"

Take it up with Rick. :D

#23     May 27, 2006
  4. I will look up the name of who I spoke with. He indicated that retail clients would have STP access via a broker. Their bids and offers would be reflected in the NBBO. In the end the brokers offering FX Marketspace would win client market share by providing solid access and low fees just like other financial markets...

The key is what is meant by access and platform...

And I wanted to take out "misniformation" but time expired.

#24     May 27, 2006
  5. I do not see the big deal ...

I can already trade futures fx or split the NBBO
    in spot fx and deal with some of the biggest FX
    interbanks

as a retail customer with InteractiveBrokers

:p

#25     May 27, 2006
  6. OK, fellow 'cane fan. No prob. I think that there is a bit of confusion about what will and will not be available. Mr. Sears is supposed to have the latest 411. But all of this can change after the initial roll out.

#26     May 27, 2006
  7. fxnewby

fxnewby

Good to know. Where'd you find that out? Do you think that is the plan eventially?

#27     May 30, 2006
  8. Hayek

Hayek

It seems I receive a different reply today.

#28     May 31, 2006
  9. Cute. The only logical conclusion: CME and Reuters haven't worked out some of the minor details (such as the business model itself) yet...

#29     May 31, 2006
  10. Any updates on this initiative? I will be contacting them this week for new information. TIA

#30     Jul 22, 2006