End of Days

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Feb 21, 2011.

1. nitro

nitro

What will happen to these African and middle eastern countries when the world moves away from oil, or worse, runs out of it? There will be people that still live in relative wealth, but a huge portion of the population will be begging, with nothing to live for.

It is amazing how the world continues on its merry way, even towards doom, until terrible things actually happen. Everyone can see this, it isn't exactly a secret. And yet, the march towards the edge of the cliff continues....

Capitalism "prefers" an unemployment rate of about 5%. Say the world goes capitalist. With the population reaching 10 billion in the next 25 years, that is 500,000,000 people world wide unemployed. How can this not lead to utter devastation? What am I missing?

#51     Feb 25, 2011
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Would not five percent world wide be a acceptable unemployment rate? The problem with capitalism isn't that capitalists like unemployment, which they do; it's that they abhor competition. So unless markets are kept open by honest efficient governments, capitalism can eventually deteriorate into corruption just as any other "-ism" may. We already see the early seeds of corrupt capitalism in the United States, where the Supreme Court has ruled that the constitutional rights of individuals extend to corporations, and where those employed by corporations write the laws.

#52     Feb 25, 2011
  3. nitro

nitro

Reminds me of this movie:

http://www.thecorporation.com/index.cfm?page_id=46

In regards to your (sarcastic ?) statement about 5% unemp being "acceptable", that is probably close to the number that are certainly underemployed in the world today. 500,000,000 people. I guarantee you this staggering number will cause extremism like we have never seen before.

I don't know what the answer is, perhaps technology will somehow change things in ways we cannot even imagine. But it would have to be soooo bizarre to make a difference. One thing that occurred to me is that in the future, people will have the choice of either living in the real world, or in a virtual reality world. The unemployed and extreme poor can then live out their lives in a VR world, where they are fed intravenously, stored in some sort of tube, and plugged into the VR world. Sort of like the Matrix, but willingly. Don't laugh, it may be perfectly reasonable alternative than mental illness that idleness and homelessness can cause. Lesser of two evils sort of thing.

#53     Feb 26, 2011
  4. Here is a movie Nitro. The re-make of The Day the Earth Stood Still.

#54     Feb 26, 2011
  5. nitro

nitro

#55     Feb 26, 2011
  6. nitro

nitro

"WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama said Friday the U.S. is freezing the assets of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and family members because continued violence and unrest there poses an "unusual and extraordinary threat" to America's national security and foreign policy...."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41785849/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa

#56     Feb 26, 2011
  7. nitro

nitro

#57     Mar 1, 2011
  8. #58     Mar 1, 2011
  9. Gold Hits New High as Tension Mounts in Middle East

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com
    March 1, 2011

http://www.infowars.com/gold-hits-new-high-as-tension-mounts-in-middle-east/

Once again, gold serves as a solid refuge for jittery investors. As the United States and its globalist partners prepare to unleash the fury of NATO and the prowess of the U.S. military on Libya and thus begin a new round of tension in the oil-rich Middle East, gold futures closed at a new record high and silver futures advanced to a three-decade high.

#60     Mar 1, 2011