End of Days

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mouahahahaha death as you have never seen it before :) not the fake illusion :D

#41     Feb 23, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

I was wondering when this thread would be tossed out of "Trading" and moved to the "P&R" category. Now we Know.

I don't know what to think about 12/21/2012. We'll know more on 12/22/2012. I just hope Obama is a lame duck on that date. Then we'll have a Very Merry Christmas! :D

#42     Feb 23, 2011
  3. I hate to think it, but that crazy bastard Beck might be right. Digging bunker now.:eek: Sadly, only half joking. This nation cannot withstand another economic hit like fall 08, spring 09. We're on the brink of that again I fear.

#43     Feb 23, 2011
  4. Larson

Larson Guest

A prolonged, severe oil shock would be the death knell for US economy, no question about it. The positive side is oil prices would quickly subside, once economic activity slowed substantially.

#44     Feb 23, 2011
  5. They defected to Malta. They were ancient Mirage fighter jets. I heard one of the defecting air force Colonels on Al Jazeera stating that he used to wonder about the reason behind Qhadafi keeping such, out of date, fighter jets, the only logical answer he could come up with it to use them against his people should they rise up against him. Few hours ago, another pilot just ejected from his jet and landed in Ben Ghazi, the opposition stronghold and joined them.

#45     Feb 23, 2011
  6. nitro

nitro

Nomura Securities: Oil to Hit $220

http://www.wyattresearch.com/article/nomura-securities-oil-to-hit-220/22950

#46     Feb 24, 2011
  7. nitro

nitro

#47     Feb 24, 2011
  8. #48     Feb 24, 2011
  9. pspr

pspr

#49     Feb 24, 2011
  10. nitro

nitro

The story of Mu'mar Qathaafi's relations with America could best be described as tragi-comedy. His wretched little coup in 1969 was nothing like a popular revolution. He and Captain Jaluus and a couple hundred men seized power in Tripoli during an absence of King Idris in Europe for a meeting. I was in in Bavaria at the time supporting with communications and intelligence a meeting of senior commanders in Europe. All the chatter on my circuit was among; these senior commanders, Washington and the CO of Wheelus AFB outside Tripoli. The military men told Washington that this little puke could be easily taken down and that he represented no one except his tribe, the "al-Khathafa." "Bring down the brigade of paratroops at Lee Barracks at Mainz, Germany and we will set this right in an afternoon and bring back the king," was the message. But, the US was deeply involved in VN and no more difficulties were wanted by President Johnson. So, we let it go and for forty years the Libyans have lived with this madman.

Encouraged by this weakness, Qathaafi felt that he could support any sort of terrorist enterprise whether it be Irish, African, Palestinian or anything else. By the mid-80s this man believed his own fantasies and raved about the impotence of America, its cowardice, etc. The result was his nonsense about the "Zone of Death" in the Gulf of Sirte and the discotec bombing in Germany. The US response to this was an operation that bombed targets around Tripoli and Benghazi in retribution. Having played a direct role in the targeting, I can say that we certainly intended to kill him and I am sorry that we did not succeed. We aimed for his tent in Tripoli but inadvertence in delivery resulted in the bombs striking the building in the compound. The same was true of the bombs that struck downtown. They were dropped by an aircraft that had been mortally wounded and which crashed into the sea just offshore killing the crew.

After that Qathaafi "sobered up" about the US and began to beg like a dog at the door in a cold rain to be allowed in out of the weather by the US. He begged in every conceivable channel. He begged until 2003 when he realized that the GW Bush Administration was vulnerable to blandishments involving the offer of surrender to the "freedom agenda." Who suggested that approach? I have been told that Qathaafi's Saudi business partner suggested this approach, an approach that led to enormously lucrative oil contracts in Europe. In pursuit of the relaxation of US hostility, Qathaafi accepted responsibility for Lockerbie and "gave up" his non-existent nuclear weapons program (a lot of junk in warehouses). The US re-established diplomatic relations after that and Qathaafi was "re-constructed."

Now we have this.

Why should we think that the world will take us seriously? pl

http://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_semper_tyrannis/2011/02/qaddhafi-and-the-usa.html

#50     Feb 25, 2011