End of Day - Datafeed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by DEM, Oct 25, 2001.

1. DEM

DEM

in an old version, but actually it's up to 2000.

I have a ISDN connection. It takes me about 20 minutes to get the datas. There was a total of ~ 2,5 MB transferred. So it can not be my connection.

DEM

#11     Oct 25, 2001
  2. ddefina

ddefina

TC2000 has no export limitation that I know of, so if it's 2000 securities, then you can export 2000 securities.

#12     Oct 25, 2001
  3. DEM

DEM

Actually I prefer Reuters Datalink: It's Reuters Data ;-), I have an build in Downloader, the bad quotes in the past days are corrected and it's about the same price. There is no Download Limitation and the data is going far back...

But maybe I should give TC2000 a try...

DEM

#13     Oct 25, 2001
  4. The biggest issue with Reuters is that you have to decide what to download up front (at least that's how it works with the MetaStock downloader they provide). They have history back to 1980 on most securities so that's great.

QuotesPlus (and probably TC2000) downloads everything every day. QP's database only goes back to 1990/92, which is somewhat of a problem.

#14     Oct 25, 2001
  5. tuna

tuna

I'm going to do a change from Reuters i think, missing moves like vlpi from it not being in my database has pissed me off.

With this TC2000 data do the new symbols/new stocks update from a download?.
    Like for example EXDS would have merged to EXDSQ from the update download?
    All Reuters does is give a symbol change notification and you'd spend days changing tickers back and forth to keep up with it.
    tc2000's database sounds like a "smart" system, It updates these changes automatically??

Lately with unheard of stocks rocketing into yonder i think this is quite important to be able to pick them up,I use metastock for my searches, I can pick them up but they've got to be in the database to begin with ,sounds like tc2000 database instead of reuters might do the trick huh?.
    Everyones a happy camper...no problems??

#15     Oct 26, 2001
  6. I like TC2000 because I can do intraday updates and scans on 20-min delayed data. This can sometimes highlight stocks to watch for the remainder of the day. As I am a swingtrader the 20-minute delay does not bother me.

Anyone interested in rock-bottom priced EOD data only might like to check out www.canada-stockwatch.com . You can download EOD data in a variety of formats for only $4.95 Cdn per month - thats about $3.50 in real money.

#16     Oct 28, 2001
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

tuna,

With this TC2000 data do the new symbols/new stocks update from a download?.

In TC2000 all stocks on the 3 main exchanges download at one time (including the indexes and some proprietary Worden indicators). So if there are any changes in the tickers, etc. they are automatically updated properly. Most of the time. Occasionally the database people at TC2000 are a little bit behind the very latest issues, but that usually gets corrected fairly quick.

#17     Oct 28, 2001
  8. tuna

tuna

thanks Magna ,Been out of town and just come across this post again now,Yep sounds like the go ,got a cd on its way.

For those that like to look at the bigger picture this software here
    might interest you,brings up some interesting finds
    http://www.nebadawn.com/ramphome.htm
    works on metastock and tc2000 data

#18     Dec 1, 2001
  9. fast

fast

A post at http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/tc2000trades
    indicates that TC2000 currently has some data errors.

Post 4002:

A big "hooker" to accurate market forcasts is accurate data.
    TC2000 still carries bad QQQ low quotes for 11/19.
    It should be L 39.49 not 38.71.
    Big difference!
    If you trade QQQ's regularly check TC against another data source. This bad quote stuff is happening almost every week now and the fixes are VERY late.
    For very long term studies a point or so won't matter too much in the long run.... but in the short run it could be a killer. Especially if you are using the data for stops.
    I would suggest double checking any wierd price data on your favorite trading stock since this is not just a QQQ problem.
    (Yes, I notified TC last WEEK of the problem).

Post 4009 indicates the problem may be corrected "VERY soon" (whatever that means):

They are rebuilding the RT system and it is affecting all the data. They said it would be done VERY soon, and then all the data will be even cleaner than it was before. But in the meantime, they cannot take the data away.

#19     Dec 2, 2001
  10. wild

wild

very reliable EoD data are available for $ 295.00/year at

www.esignal.com

regards

wild

#20     Dec 2, 2001