End Of American Century, game over

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bighog, Jan 27, 2007.

1. More logical fallacy.

If someone were anti Israel, they could also be anti Muslim and/or anti terrorist. I quite imagine there are people who hate both Jews and Muslims both, equally. I doubt we see Ku Klux Klan meeting where they celebrate Muslims and condemn Jews or vice versa.

I have not stated a pro-Muslim or a pro terrorist sentiment whatsoever.

I find problems with Israel's actions and attitudes at times, what they do, and the way the US acts blindly when it comes to Israel. I find a fanaticism with some members of the Zionist cause that I think is unhealthy. I oppose fanaticism of any kind. I express these opinions. There are Jews in America who also share some or all of the same opinions, so the opinions themselves are not anti-Semitic.

I find that when it is known that Israel spies were caught spying on America, most Americans shrug, but if these same people were from a Muslim country, or a communist country, etc. they would cry "how horrible." Spying is spying. I believe we should be just as fair and just with Israeli spies and Israeli actions as we are with anyone else, no matter what their nationality or religion.

So, your obvious fallacious thought process, at least to any logical person, is that simply because I find flaw with Israel, political fanaticism of certain practitioners of Zionism, and America in its policies of turning a blind eye to what Israel does at time, that I must therefore support terrorism and be pro-Muslim. That is pure nonsense, and false.

I am neither pro Muslim, not anti Muslim. Since I don't support violence, that blanket statement automatically condemns those individuals of any religion who support violence. I believe religious preference is not my business, nor the business of anyone else. I see that as the American way actually...

If Israel murders people, and most Americans look the other way as they so often do with the actions of Israel, and rationalize it away as so many Americans do, of course I will cry "bloody murder" as it will be a bloody murder.

#21     Jan 28, 2007
  2. I have not stated a pro-Muslim or a pro terrorist sentiment whatsoever.
    But you have not stated an anti-Muslim or anti-terrorist sentiment either while you've stated anti-Israel sentiment two thousand times.

I find problems with Israel's actions and attitudes at times
    and you never find problems with Palestinian/Iranian/Lebanese actions and attitudes ...or if you do you keep them to yourself while you're extremely vocal about Israel.

There are Jews in America who also share some or all of the same opinions, so the opinions themselves are not anti-Semitic.
    That does not necessarily follow.

I find that when it is known that Israel spies were caught spying on America, most Americans shrug, but if these same people were from a Muslim country, or a communist country, etc. they would cry "how horrible." Spying is spying.
    I feel exactly the same about your tendency to shrug off arab and muslim crimes and violence while repeatedly trying to portray Israel in the worst possible light, I feel exactly the same when you keep whining about aid to Israel and never mention equal amount of aid Egypt and Jordan. Spying is spying, huh? Guess what, aid is aid.

I am neither pro Muslim, not anti Muslim.
    Maybe so, but you are clearly anti-Israel.

Since I don't support violence,
    Nah, you've never posted about Darfur or Rwanda, suicide bombers or Hezbollah kidnappings, shia killing sunni in Iraq or gays being executed in Iran. You don't support violence only when you can bash Israel (or the US) and then it does not even matter to you whether it was indeed violence or legitimate military actions.

#22     Jan 28, 2007
  3. Logical fallacy.

Do you want to even know which one it is?

It is the same that Bush used when he said:

"You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists."

It is the false dilema fallacy.

And you and others here are illogical enough to use it over and over and over again...

Typical of the fanatics...

False Dilemma

A dilemma is a choice between two different, contradictory options, and a false dilemma is where multiple options are open to you, but only two options are presented to you. One option is often hugely undesirable, leading you to accept the claimant's conclusion.

You are either with us or with the terrorists.

What if you support neither?

Would you like to buy the blue kettle or the red kettle?

What if you don't want to buy any kettle?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A3816795

It doesn't matter if I only point out what I think are Israel's flaws, that in no way makes me pro-terrorist or pro-Muslim.

Simply false statements and flawed reasoning on your part, the type of reasoning that is so often associated with the people that are deemed the enemies of Israel.

You can't even see it, can you?

That's what fanaticism does, it blinds people so badly that they can't even see rationally any more, and they draw false conclusions.

You have drawn a false and illogical conclusion.

See above, and try to think man, try to detach and think...

People, stop the fanaticism.

#23     Jan 28, 2007
  4. Benin has no resources.

Therefore no american mineral companies interested in it

Therefore it has peace.

If America became Isolationist, it would be much better for the rest of the world

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070127/ap_on_re_af/african_example

Benin becomes unlikely democracy leader

By KATHARINE HOURELD, Associated Press Writer
    Sat Jan 27, 3:04 PM ET

COTONOU, Benin - When this West African nation ran short of funds to finance its election machinery, voters raised cash, loaned computers, and lit up vote-counting centers with their motorcycle headlights. ADVERTISEMENT

The unusual display of people power demonstrated how a Marxist dictatorship once nicknamed "Africa's Cuba" has become an unlikely leader of Africa's checkered path to democracy.

Oscar Zinzindohoue, a cloth vendor, said the sight of those sputtering motorbikes gave him hope for democracy.

"We didn't think it was going to happen," said Zinzindohoue, 22, smiling broadly

Don't be too happy yet. Wait till you find some oil and then watch how your country turns to shit as Shrub and Co move in.

#24     Jan 28, 2007

5. Well BS2, this is proof enough you cant have a military -industrial complex, without raw materials, any industry to speak of, or any military to take advantage of the aforementioned.

No western country has any REAL industry, VIA manufacturing.

A society that cant make boots, clothes, anything by hand, should the need arise, not even food............

Usually referred to as "selling the farm".

#25     Jan 28, 2007