End NASA, silly Mars stuff and all US space programs = Solves US Economy problems

Discussion in 'Politics' started by increasenow, May 27, 2008.

1. I honestly thought about 90% of ETers would have agreed with me...I voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004...and I would again...he restored honor to the White House...serious thoughts...

#21     May 27, 2008
  2. NASA's budget is in the billions, low billions.

Fool.

#22     May 27, 2008
  3. Bush is VERY pro NASA, ya jackass!

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/solarsystem/bush_vision.html

#23     May 27, 2008
  4. If by "saved," you mean "violently, unnecessarily, and tragically eliminated," I have to agree with you. Since I think you didn't, I'll have to mark you up as a raving lunatic.

#24     May 27, 2008
  5. Wow. Where to start with this statement...Well, not enough time in the day at this point. That's your opinion and you are entitled. All I can say is look at the state of the Republican party now and how they've been doing in congressional elections and that pretty much sums up how Bush did as president. It is sad really. The Republican party has (had) a proud tradition until this administration.

#25     May 27, 2008
  6. poyayan

poyayan

He want to change this thread to Dem vs Rep since he is getting roasted with the NASA comment..:)

#26     May 27, 2008
  7. Supporting this unnecessary war... is supporting violations of the Geneva Conventions (which we signed), The UN Charter (which we signed), Nuremberg Principles (We We Promote) and the Constitution of the USA under which only Congress declares war not an out of control Unitary Executive...

You should support law, international law.. true justice, a true integirity... not an irresponsible, sociopathic amoral individual like Bush...

I am a conservative...
    I believe in the Conservation of Our Constitution not the shredding of it.

I believe in the Conservation of Our Financial Resources (not the present fiscal irresponsibility)

I believe in the Conservation of our Military for the TRUE defense of our country and not a War on A Word (terror)

I Believe in the Conservation of USA Honor which Bush has shat away to say the least.

You should stand for truth... justice and compassion... not some biased support of some radical liberal neo-con ideologue like Bush... very serious thoughts indeed..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/06/andrew-sullivan-bush-admi_n_95305.html

Bush dishonored the White House and this nation so many times it is hard to keep up with them all... Our constitution is what is great - Bush is not...

A Very Short List...

1. Lied about WMD.
    2. Unilaterally invaded a sovereign nation without provocation and justification.
    3. Lied during State of the Union speech re: Niger Uranium.
    4. Responsible for pre-9/11 intelligence failures in White House, CIA, FBI.
    5. Allowed 9-11 murderers to remain free while diverting precious military and financial resources to his vanity war in Iraq.
    6. Lied about Saddam/bin Laden connection.
    7. Turned Iraq into a terrorist breeding ground.
    8. Lied about nation-building.
    9. Opposed creation of 9-11 Commission and Homeland Security Department.
    10. Disrespected and alienated the U.S. from French, German and other key allies.
    11. Lied to Americans about the real cost of war.
    12. Fostered an environment of torture at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.
    13. Lined Halliburton's pockets in Afghanistan and Iraq with fat no-bid contracts.
    14. Under-manned and under-equipped our armed forces in Iraq, resulting in unnecessary death and injuries.
    15. Ignored the nuclear build-up in both Iran and N.Korea; marginalized Kim Jong Il.
    16. Shunned Kyoto Treaty.
    17. Lied about effects of man-made pollutants on the environment to support corporate pals.
    18. Lied about the insolvency of Social Security.
    19. Gave huge cuts to the wealthiest taxpayers.
    20. Lied about true cost of health care bill.
    21. Lied about Free Trade stand.
    22. Bitterly divided the nation along religious, party and sexual preference lines.
    23. Guilty of numerous cronyism appointments (Homeland Security, Supreme Court, etc)
    24. Rewarded failures of Condi Rice and other cronies with key promotions.
    25. Dreadful energy policies lead to record gas and oil prices.
    26. Responsible for the largest debt in U.S. history.
    27. Colossal failure of preparedness, rescue and relief during Hurricane Katrina.
    28. Fostered a culture of corruption among GOP and top leadership (Tom Delay, etc).
    29. Allowed Donald Rumsfeld to keep job despite utter failure in Iraq.
    30. Presided over the U.S.'s lowest popularity throughout the world.
    31. Saw No Child Left Behind fail.

I could go on for days... you are out of touch with reality...

#27     May 27, 2008
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

Don't let the door hit you on the way out (you and your pal W).

#28     May 27, 2008
  9. NASA?!? I'd rather watch space exploration programs on the Discovery channel vs. our kids getting blown up in Iraq.

If you want to do something productive, get rid of entitlement programs and social welfare.

#29     May 27, 2008
  10. Saying the government should get rid of NASA to save money.....

Thats like saying that you should start buying generic toilet paper instead of the nice fluffy stuff if you want to start saving money at home... instead of quitting a compulsive gambling habit that pisses away your money.

#30     May 27, 2008