Encyclopedia (or bible??) of japanese candle stick - funny stuff..

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Leob, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Leob

Leob

Common.. you should know interpreting candle stick... But encyclopedia??
    Let keep things in proportion..

2. Candlestick trading lacks documentation or critical evaluation. Having said that:
    Encyclopedia of Candlestick Charts 1st Edition is free in its entirety:
    go to:
    Then click on book icon itself:

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

Based on your 2 meager sentences,
    it is hard to comprehend your message.
    I think you mean :

Why must we have an encyclopedia or bible for the Japanese candlestick?
    It is a laughing stock !!

Come on! You should be able to interpret & comprehend the Japanese candlestick easily. Even a small kid will be able to comprehend it.
    So why do we need the complex encyclopedia?

Let's keep things in perspective.
    Japanese candlestick is very simple.
    It is unlike studying in a medical university where you need a complex encyclopedia.
    You don't need a complex encyclopedia or a bible to explain the Japanese candlesticks.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    murray t turtle and Leob like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

This is about the dumbest shit I have seen in all my years of seeing things in the trading world, trying to describe things in trading.

dumbcandles1.JPG

The Morning Doji Star! The Identical Three Crows!

dumbcandles2.JPG

Three Stars in the South! Three Black Crows! Two Crows!

Shit, where's the five-finger-palmed death heart thing?

mason macgregorson and Leob like this.
  5. easymon1

easymon1

I dig me some Bulkowski on general principles. What a jam packed website. - http://thepatternsite.com/

Howsomever, Why so many? An encyclopedia? Just a few el simpelito's is plentisimo.

Some people actually Trade those things. HAMMER AT RES 7996 CL 1m.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You've never lived in the rural (country) culture in Japan. In fact, when was the last time you've taken a look at some of the names of Japanese cars ?

Are the names funny to you, different or unusual as a car name ?
    • Mazda Xedos
    Anyways, the person that developed Japanese Candlesticks was Munehisa Homma, a Japanese rice trader in the 18th century. They were introduced to the Western world by Steve Nison in his book, Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques here in the 21st century.

That type of naming in the 18th century was normal and cultural (still is in some literature writings) especially when Japanese traders translated it to Steve Nison here in the 21st century.

Then again, I'm sure there's a Japanese trader in Japan making fun of Wall Street terms like "Dead Cat Bounce".

Actually, the Dead Cat Bounce may be a bad example because it's a term that originated by Singaporean and Malaysian traders to their buddies on Wall Street.

In fact, I've met a few Japanese traders that think the following Market terms are weird:
    • Sellside/ Buyside.
    • Long/Short Or Go Long/Go Short.
    • Short Interest.
    • Short Squeeze.
    • Bull Market And Bear Market.
    • And The Pigs.
    • Taking Profits Off The Table/ Frothy Market.
    • Irrational Exuberance.
    • Ankle Biter
    • Big Uglies
    • Cockroach Theory
    • Puke Point
    • Garbatrage
    • Jennifer Lopez (Yep...this a new market term)
    :D :rolleyes: :p

Try to remember that the names of Japanese Candlestick Patterns is a cultural naming structure. Its normal naming in Asia and when actual words will look strange to you too if you've never seen Japanese writings (Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji characters).

Example below of some these characters and names... :sneaky:

Japanese-Kanji-Characters.png

Japanese-Kanji-Characters-1.png

wrbtrader

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Sprout, speedo and Leob like this.
  7. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

• Jennifer Lopez (Yep...this a new market term)
    JLO ???
    Is that a Jenny From The Block Trade?

wrbtrader likes this.
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm actually not sure if it's an investing term or a trading term but I did hear the phrase first used on Bloomberg...something to do with the similarity to the round, smooth, famously callipygian buttocks of the American singer/actress.

Indicates the shifting of a bear market to a bull market. Traders eagerly watch the Jennifer Lopez – J. Lo phenomenon because of this smooth market reversal. Jennifer Lopez – J. Lo’s buttocks are her only known contribution to investment analysis. :D

Did you know she actually has insurance for her ass ??? :rolleyes:

I'm grateful they didn't name any financial market terms after Kim Kardashian...

Maybe like "Bottom Tagging".

wrbtrader

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Leob and Big AAPL like this.
  9. %%
    WHY so many??
    Writers like to get paid by the word.[ 3 black crows pay better than 3 candles/LOL:caution::caution::caution::D:D:D]

10. themickey

themickey

Jennifer Lopez - J.Lo
    Categories: Finance,
    A slang technical analysis term referring to a rounding bottom in a stock's price pattern. This term got its name from jennifer lopez's curvy figure; she is often criticized (or praised) for her round bottom. [>>>]

" This term was most popular in the early 1980s, after the release of the feature film "10" starring Bo Derek. In a similar, tongue-in-cheed vein, investors use the term Jennifer Lopez to describe a security that reaches a low but gradually rises again, ... [>>>]

#10     Dec 6, 2021