Encryption of Trade Signals

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by tradingjournals, Nov 19, 2013.

1. I want to be able to post on a site a trade signal which is encrypted so that people do not use it unless I choose to tell like giving them a private/public key or other. I thought to post an encrypted version, which can then be decrypted. What tools are available to do this? Also please suggest ideas you may have on the best framework to do this. If you know of similar solutions in trading or other areas, it would be helpful too as I can see an example of an implementation.

Thank you!

2. I'm not sure why you'd need to encrypt your signals. Why not just use the usual username/password authentication to gain access to a members-only web page?

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

stevegee58 suggestion is excellent and easily to implement.

Here's two other suggestion.

1) Similar to steve's suggestion, use a private discussion forum that have private individual threads that you determine whom has access to it and whom does not have access to it. Next, when you're ready post the trade signal...you just post it without any need for encryption.

2) Send your trade signals via "encrypt email" via services like OpenPGP (e.g. Neomailbox or Countermail), Sendinc and there are many software (e.g. datamotion, voltage) out there that can be installed as add-ons to whatever email you're using. These software or add-ons contains dozens of security features including "email encryption".

Usually the best ones do it all like desktop, cloud storage base, mobile devices, mail services and gateways. You can even set it up to be notified when someone has actually opened the email, how long the email was open, how many times it was re-open, IP address location when email was open and many other things...

The more features the higher the cost.

Anyways, I think the easiest solutions is steve's suggestion or a private forum solution prior to getting into the "encrypt email" stuff. The latter is usually reserve for some serious stuff.

4. Thanks Steve for the feedback. I thought that those who are non-members may want to check the signals without the need to be members, because if the message was encrypted in real-time, but the key (or other mechanism) is given later then they can see that the message did not change. So they could follow as if in real-time, but read the information later.

So I thought it might solve the desire of readers to know the information is credible, and the poster's desire that others not use the information if they are not supposed to.

The other way to do it is to post an authentication key and post the message later.

5. Thanks wrbtrader. In your post, there is software I was not aware of. So thanks very much!