Employers in U.S. Cut 533,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Rises to 6.7%

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Dec 5, 2008.

1. richrf

richrf

lol. I'm betting long on Obama. I'll let you know how it turns out.

#21     Dec 5, 2008
  2. you really dont get it do you. yes, things were worse at points in the 1970s, than they are *now*, but 'now' is the keyword.

only in 1929 have we had the bubbles that we've had in the last 8 years. the 1970s had a stock run up before them, and the viet nam war was a disaster, but *economically* nothing like this (the story for the poor vets, or course, is another story)

NAFTA/WTO/H-1b visa/GAAT/MFN-China - we're has an unprecidented war on our job base by BOTH parties

and our debt is like nother ever before seen

#22     Dec 5, 2008
  3. Wow, it's amazing to see the results of brainwashing by the media.

This guy is beyond hope, no point in even trying to explain just how clueless he truly is.

#23     Dec 5, 2008
  4. huh

huh

All I know is that Thank God they sentenced OJ today, they completely distracted wallstreet from paying attention to the 533K lost jobs this month. Instead we took a murdering psycho off the streets for years which is good for the stock market!! :p

#24     Dec 5, 2008
  5. imagine the feeling of hearing the gavel fall on your freedom, after having gotten away with murder.

'boy, i really fucked myself'

think he'll cry his first night inside?

for sports memorabilia?!?!?!

dumbest person of all time

he's gonna watch a black guy sworn in as president

from a prison cell

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

the character 'nordberg' was really prophetic

#25     Dec 5, 2008
  6. richrf

richrf

As I said, the situation is different now, in that the government is free to spend hundreds of billions of dollars if not trillions to create new jobs and backstop industries in trouble. Why? Because of deflationary concerns. The amount of spending and government leveraging will be gargantuan and historic. It will be the beginning of a huge bull cycle - which may terminate abruptly and just bounce around for a few years. I am buying long on every dip and accumulating like mad.

#26     Dec 5, 2008
  7. richrf

richrf

It is nice to let the brainless like myself enjoy my own stupidity. If you have more to sell short at these prices, I invite you to. I buying Nasdaq and S&P, and am accepting all offers at today's lows.

#27     Dec 5, 2008
  8. i'm not saying there cant be a rally, we've gone a very long time without one, and we've put in more stimulus than every before seen

i just saying you're crazy if you think obama is something other than more of the same

#28     Dec 5, 2008
  9. richrf

richrf

Call me crazy, call be irresponsible ....

The market will rally for one and only one reason - competence in government is in fashion again, just as it was during the Clinton error which was one of the most prosperous in our country's history. Obama has been dealt a rotten deck by the Right Wing ideologues, but Happy Days are Here Again.

#29     Dec 5, 2008
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

its gonna blow when we least expect it....so have your gaurd up....like monday perhaps.. :D

#30     Dec 5, 2008