Employers in U.S. Cut 533,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Rises to 6.7%

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Well i guess it is domino effect
    Soon the jobless pll will have to use their credit cards and lot,s of saving to pay their bill since they dont have income

I Think 2009 could be the most dificult period

#11     Dec 5, 2008
  2. is that intended to be a joke ?

A .2% rise in unemployment isn't a big deal. 6.7% unemployment is just .7% higher than the upper end of the historical unemployment range.

#12     Dec 5, 2008
  3. Settle down slick! It was intended to be a joke.

#13     Dec 5, 2008
  4. richrf

richrf

lol. Everyone here must be very, very young if they think this is bad. I lived through the 1970 recession and the 1980, and that was really bad.

What is happening now, is a do nothing administration that is in its Last Daze. The markets are looking forward, and know that money is going to be streaming in by the hundreds of billions come January. The question is how soon, how much, and into which industries - which is why it looks like we have a floor on the market.

If not, the shorts can go out and enjoy their life among the misery that their favorite administration had created. However, I am betting on some pretty competent and attentive individuals that will be running our government come Jan. 20th, and I feel that we will be much better off this time next year. Paste this on your wall, and let me know whether I was right or not next year. :)

#14     Dec 5, 2008
  5. Market is going to close green :D

#15     Dec 5, 2008
  6. and both parties have been trying to pass guest worker increases every wuarter

#16     Dec 5, 2008
  7. you're a certified pin head if you think 'Obama' is going to be the big savior

this whole thing is fed reserve and globalism

bush was just a bad guy in a bad system

the bad guy might be gone, but the bad systems still gonna be there, and the bad system selected his successor

#17     Dec 5, 2008
  8. Young? This guy is a pin head for sure! Obama, good for the economy? Not only are you a pin head, you must bring in far less than the ones "ROBIN HOOD" Obama is going after. AMT Tax fucking killed me this year.

Redistribution of Wealth? Growth in more social programs?

1970s? Nothing like this has hit the US, the Perfect storm. Housing, Stock Market Wealth, and Jobs all falling faster than a hooker on crack.

I'm not saying there are not going to be survivors. Sure, plenty of money to be made, as I'm still jugging along for a record quarter. But the over "Joe Blow" is fucked. You don't have to be "Old" to understand that.

#18     Dec 5, 2008
  9. Real unemployment is well over 10%, if not 15%. They took out around 440k out of the eligible workforce number to make room for the new 533k losses.

I doubt you even have the slightest clue what I'm talking about, lol.

#19     Dec 5, 2008
  10. richrf

richrf

You would be surprised how much difference it makes have competent people managing government or business. Things just don't happen. Decisions are made. Some create havoc (Bush's administration) and some create calm and growth.

I am betting on Obama bringing back calm, cool, and growth oriented decisions to government - just like Clinton who was behind a 25 million job creation administration. I just wish we didn't have to go through the crushing negligence of the last 8 years - and I certainly am glad we don't have to go through the same for the next eight years which would have been the result if the Palin/Conservative think tank get back in control.

Let's all breathe a deep sigh of relief that the people of the U.S. got it right.

#20     Dec 5, 2008