Employer Fires 22 People Because Obama Won

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 8, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

It should have been titlled the UACA.

#21     Nov 8, 2012
  2. I'll send some $$ to CRS as well, just as a good faith gesture.

#22     Nov 8, 2012
  3. jem

jem

wow... very nice.

#23     Nov 8, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

And it's only just getting started. There WILL come a point at which it literally makes more sense for guys like us to just stop earning and start living on the government dole. Our founding fathers, mostly old white guys, must be rolling in their graves right now.

#24     Nov 8, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

I think they started rolling in their graves about the time of FDR and the New Deal, then they saw LBJ and the Great Society and all the government entitlement programs while the government was stealing the money paid in for them by the taxpayers and a debt of $16 trillion and accelerating. Social Security, welfare, food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid, ObamaCare and layers of other entitlements. And, the 1965 Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action, racial quotas, anti-discrimination at the expense of qualification, open borders, etc., etc. They've been rolling in their graves for quite some time. They probably knew the end was getting closer. We are now at the precipice and the voters just voted to go over it.

#25     Nov 8, 2012
  6. A few of us cynics have argued that has been the plan all along. "Inflate away" the middle class, put such onerous burdens upon the small business owner and/or target the small to mid sized business for all sorts of "makeshifts" rules and regulations and suddenly you have a society of "wards of the state" at one end and the mega corps (crony capitalists) at the other end.

When the majority becomes entirely dependent upon govt largesse to make ends meet, the Dems are betting that they can become the permanent political party. This past week has only solidified my impression that they are winning the war.

#26     Nov 8, 2012
  7. I'm cutting back from over 50hrs/week to an estimate of 12.

Plus I'm changing my residency to a tax free state.

If they keep this shit up, I might end up offshore.

#27     Nov 8, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

They're not winning. They won! But there's this problem. The debt is too high and they can't just tax the wealthy and businesses and make the give aways work. There isn't enough money there. They are going to have to tax the middle class or keep printing money.

The wealthy and business can move or find ways to avoid some of the tax. Not to mention the tax will kill U.S. business growth and hiring since costs go up. But, if they tax the middle class those people have nowhere to move to and no way to avoid the taxes. They would be hit hard. If the govenment keeps printing money the problem two paragraphs down eventually happens and we are already a long ways down that road.

So, now the only thing they can do is go ahead with plan A and let the economy sink. They may not realize it yet, but that is going to cause a whole bunch of ripples that will tank the economy into a deep deep recession.

And, if they should find a way to grow the economy, inflation is just waiting to take off. So will interest rates. If that happens the government won't be able to pay the interest on the debt (without printing even more money) and everyone not holding hard assets (the middle class) are going to be killed by the inflation.

Republicans had a plan to shrink government and reform entitlements and make a climate for business growth which would have saved the country with the least amount of pain. Democraps will not bring themselves to do these three things and neither will the voters who put Obama and Reid back in charge.

It's the ultimate Catch 22 and the Democraps have played themselves right into it. They've are going to take the country down with them one way or the other.

#28     Nov 8, 2012