empirical evidence that homophobia can result from the suppression of same-sex desire

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 2, 2012.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I wonder if that same mechanism expains why radical leftists hate conservatives?

Could guys like Freethinker be closet conservatives??
    :D

#41     May 2, 2012
  2. i am conservative in many ways. i never voted for a democrat before obama.
    i havent moved much. the republicans just left the sane conservatives behind when they went off the cliff.

#42     May 2, 2012
  3. What and the pick pocket democrats wanna give me the promise of a lolipop if i go along with their onward march down the road towards serfdom?

geez no thanks

#43     May 2, 2012
  4. No doubt there the question is "can he fool 'em again"?

#44     May 2, 2012
  5. That's just stupid stuff from someone completely ignorant of the tradition of esoteric religion.

Are you sure this spong dude isn't just trying to cover his own homosexuality?

#45     May 2, 2012
  6. Uh oh the sad fact in black and white.

#46     May 2, 2012
  7. i dont know. does this guy have any knowledge of christianity? he spent his whole life in it.

John Shelby Spong From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Shelby "Jack" Spong (born June 16, 1931) is a retired American bishop of the Episcopal Church. He was formerly the Bishop of Newark (based in Newark, New Jersey). He is a liberal theologian, religion commentator and author. He calls for a fundamental rethinking of Christian belief away from theism and from traditional doctrines.[1]
    He was a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1952, and received his Master of Divinity degree in 1955 from the Episcopal Theological Seminary in Alexandria, Virginia. That seminary and Saint Paul's College have both conferred on him honorary Doctor of Divinity degrees. He wrote: "[I have] immerse[d] myself in contemporary Biblical scholarship at such places as Union Theological Seminary in New York City, Yale Divinity School, Harvard Divinity School and the storied universities in Edinburgh, Oxford and Cambridge."[2]

#47     May 2, 2012
  8. Which is why I personally find christianity as it's practiced today as a completely USELESS religion .

yeah like a college is going to confer advance spiritual realizations upon matriculating student bodies like a computer chip factory.
    :D :D :D
    Perhaps you should look up the word esoteric numbnuts .

#48     May 2, 2012
  9. excuse me. i didnt know you had advanced superstition.

#49     May 2, 2012
  10. So did you learn a new word there pee drinker?

#50     May 2, 2012