empee's blow-out journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by empee, Jun 14, 2006.

1. empee

empee

out crude 1 contract +30

out GOOG put -$350

#11     Jun 21, 2006
  2. empee

empee

out ER2 this AM -$350

#12     Jun 26, 2006
  3. empee

empee

well, my stop didn't trigger on IB on the QM spike this evening so I pulled in the position at $72 putting the account up about $1500.

Whats with that spike, anyway?

Will have to contact IB and see why it didn't trigger the stop, even have the trigger outside normal market hours checked.

#13     Jun 26, 2006
  4. empee

empee

I have various trades and rather than updating every stop out (since there are several) I will try to update if there appears that any of the trades might run.

The overall account is down to a bit less than $16k (as of yesterday).

However, I plunged long QM September at 76 yesterday at the close. Its currently at 77. Target is 82.70

#14     Jul 13, 2006
  5. empee

empee

looking to get some puts on goog looking for a sharp move down maybe 360.

Perhaps a bounce to buy some puts.

#15     Jul 14, 2006
  6. So what did IB say about why it didnt trigger on the spike? It trades up to 73 in 3 seconds as far as i remember.

#16     Jul 14, 2006
  7. empee

empee

hi all,

i was away and my crude long stopped out.

I bought 1 put on goog 400 august at 19.50 and my stop is at breakeven. I also sold a 360 put yesterday but still got killed on the IV after earnings, I was looking for a move towards 360. I'll hold it and see if I get any follow thru.

I also entered short august gold 3 contracts at 633.30 with a breakeven stop currently, looking for a downside thrust.

The account is at around $15,800

#17     Jul 21, 2006
  8. empee

empee

no response from IB I mailed them twice.

:( so until I know no overnight stops on QM??

(my overnites on everything else seem to work).

BTW, the gold I used was GZ

#18     Jul 21, 2006
  9. empee

empee

stopped out on GOOG puts at -$30. Made some peanuts on selling the 360 puts before earnings (originally I was holding a bear 400 x 360 put).

Anyway, gold long is performing ok so far hopefully we get a big move next week ultimately looking for 540 area but will update as we see price action.

Very nice Oil trades btw, if you note I was short and long got no follow through either way but walked away with some small profits; this is optimal for me, taking as little heat as possible when things go wrong.

I'm bearish on crude again but I'm mostly involved in Gold now. We'll see how it plays out. One of the challenges was I was using a continuous contract for crude which isn't as accurate as the front months (which I'm using now).

Also IB is letting me trade stock/options I think I thought u needed $25k to do that, or is that for pattern daytrader?

#19     Jul 21, 2006
  10. empee

empee

well, i had some $$ left over form the goog stop out (on the option) so I took 1 USD long/EUR SHORT, i missed this entry like 200 pips ago so this isn't optimal entry but i found a low risk option here, 12 pip stop, looking for 200+ pips.

If I stop out I will be down like $150.

Gold short doing ok but but so were the oil shorts and longs. It looks like USD is strengthing and all commodities are correcting, I guess I was early on the OIL short but I think I have more accurate charts now.

#20     Jul 24, 2006