Emotion FREE Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by The Ross Hook, Dec 3, 2008.

1. I picked up this thread by accident...and I wish I could have more similar "accidents".

I have applied specific principals already to my trading..one of them is that I have placed my order and stop loss/profit goals , set the alarms, and then move out of the software to read other things or "blank" the screen....my theory being, I have made my decisions and it is beyond my control now to determine the outcome; so why watch the screen?.

I have set an alarm to go off every 10 minutes to have a peek if the alarms have not gone off. Crazy as it may seem to others, I am trading within myself and I find myself more relaxed...bit like laissez faire.

Lets see how it lasts!!!!

Incidently, I have also gone back and reread a few of the chapters to get in my head that I cannot make things happen.

Hope this is of benefit to a least one person ....

#11     Dec 9, 2008
  2. I cant stress how much of a difference this has made to my trading.

#12     Dec 9, 2008
  3. eagle

eagle

The context of emotional free is like a robot which can be easily tricked. Emotion if used under control should greatly help in trading. The idea is to stay somewhere in the middle between extreme greed and extreme fear that the crowd is experiencing from time to time.

One's emotion is used to understand someone's else emotion and that called empathy. If we don't used emotion at all, so how could we can understand the crowd's emotion?

#13     Dec 9, 2008
  4. I understand your point,however neither greed nor fear need be considered if you can trade within yourself.

#14     Dec 9, 2008
  5. If emotions are ruining your trading, then it might be a good idea to get to the root cause rather than try and 'dance' your way around the problem.

The problem could be as simple as 'you do not fully understand what you are doing' and at a subliminal level it provokes a reaction which you call 'emotion'

regards
    f9

#15     Dec 9, 2008
  6. Ain't that the truth...if anybody feels that way, all the more reason they should read this book....nah, read it twice:p

#16     Dec 9, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

conveniently forgetting to cite the source is one of Ross's virtue.

#17     Dec 9, 2008