Emotion bars, no interest bars, compression bars

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Pedrod2, May 12, 2019.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

He/she talks like that without posting any chart examples for you to see exactly what the hell they are ???

A single picture shown to you would have clear up any thing that's confusing to you.

Also, you said your were "listening to a pro investor"...was that a podcast/webinar or Youtube video ???

wrbtrader

#11     May 15, 2019
    padutrader likes this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

because he does not want you see, that what is on the chart, is the same for 100 years....

he is doing what ROSS,BROOKS have done....given new names to old things and say they are genius for doing it

#12     May 15, 2019
    wrbtrader likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You sure they don't show any chart examples and you sure they called themselves "genius" ???

By the way, the current year is 2019...I don't think they were making books/videos like that back in 1919...100 years ago. :D

Yet, I think the oldest known books on stocks is by De la Vega writing about Amsterdam stock exchange...that book is +300 years old and titled Confusión de Confusiones (written in Spanish).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_de_la_Vega

“The bulls are like the giraffe which is scared of noting…They love everything, they praise everything, they exaggerate everything…the bulls make the public believe that their tricks signify wealth and that crops grow on graves…The bears on the contrary, are completely ruled by fear, trepidation and nervousness. Rabbits become elephants, brawls in a tavern become rebellions, faint shadows appear to them as signs of chaos.”

wrbtrader

#13     May 16, 2019
  4. padutrader

padutrader

but Livermore and others were drawing charts by hand...

.the charts have not changed because what drives the chart is humans and they have not changed their way of thinking.

even the computers do not change the charts because the computers are coded by humans

#14     May 16, 2019
  5. maxinger

maxinger

upload_2019-5-16_13-9-5.jpeg
    emotion bars

[​IMG]
    compression bar

[​IMG]
    not interested bar

[​IMG]
    Karaoke bar

BOTTOM LINE:
    Be clear in your communication.

#15     May 16, 2019
  6. padutrader

padutrader

unbelievably imaginative....if you use this imagination in your trading ,which i am sure you do,you must be making millions.....and if you use it in real life you must be making millions...of friends

#16     May 16, 2019
  7. Pedrod2

Pedrod2

I'm getting closer to figuring it out!

[​IMG]

Looks like what he says are "emotion bars" are in fact some kind of "pin bar" or "hammer" with unusually high volume at the end of a downtrend:
    Emotion bar, a wide range bar, (compared to the bars preceding it), with high volume and a close around halfway back into the range of the day. Emotion bars represent the times when a down move is most likely to pause and rally or pause and trade sideways.

Most lows, after a move down end in either an emotion bar, a no interest bar, or a compression bar. Which bar is more likely to happen depends on the location of the price from the original high of the downtrend.

-----------------

I'm researching all the books I can find on Price Action to identify another name for that. Any recommendations are welcome!

@wrbtrader yeah it was on an episode of the podcast, so I guess I'll have to wait a while before hearing him define the rest. The guy is a hedge fund proprietary trader.

@maxinger that was funny!

#17     May 20, 2019