EMKR is the new SPIRE!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Dec 12, 2007.

1. There goes $12 in the rear view mirror....

(EMKR) Emcore: Signs MOU for 60MW of CPV towers; raising FY08 ests and initiating FY09 numbers - Merriman: Merriman notes EMKR continues to build significant traction in its terrestrial solar unit as evidenced by yesterday's very large contract announcement, adding over $300 mln to a total contact volume already in the hundreds of millions. With strong trends on the cable optics side likely to continue with recently increased capital spending from Comcast (CMCSA) and digital optics continuing to recover, they believe EMCORE is set to fire on all cylinders in 2008. We are increasing our solar PV rev ests for FY08 and initiating 2009 ests at levels they believe remain conservative.

This is why you have stoney 2 days before the big boys and @ $10.25 vs $12.... it can soar from here of course the word is just getting out.... but ST I have a limit sell at $12.30 in one account but my big lot which has a higher cost basis of $10.40 I will hold and a fractional amount in my wife's IRA I will hold as well.
    ~ SI

#11     Dec 13, 2007
  2. Wow -

EMKR surges out of pennant & runs to new session & 18 month highs!!+90c here. Looks like we will get filled in the trading account... Might this just explode. I'm late for the gym & there is an ice storm outside when I come back I expect to see here at least two brave soles who made money with me on this play! ~ stoney

#12     Dec 13, 2007
  3. BOOM! EMKR surges!! Runs from 11.80 to 12.75! a SIX YEAR HIGH!!!!!!!! LOVE ~ stoney

#13     Dec 14, 2007
  4. Great call Stoney!!! :)

#14     Dec 14, 2007
  5. I knew I could count on you LH what's wrong with these people????

#15     Dec 14, 2007
  6. hughb

hughb

stoney, you never answered my thread about ZIXI? I see you bought some a long time ago and I'm wondering if you held all that time. It has really been jumping lately.

#16     Dec 14, 2007
  7. hughb

hughb

BTW, I noticed EMKR back in July when it was rising on higher than usual volume. I never did buy it though. Missed a good one.

#17     Dec 14, 2007
  8. hughb

hughb

Wow, now that I look at it, I have notes on EMKR going all the way back to June of 05 when it was making new 52 week highs.

#18     Dec 14, 2007
  9. There is a very good reason I have not returned your note on ZIXI... BECAUSE IT BREAKS MY FREAKIN' HEART!!! YOUR TALKING TO THE Gasbag that moved on at $2.90 for no good reason WOW I made 70 cents good job stonedinvestor. This is what happens when you play with the small stuff that you are to embarrassed to tell your adviser about.... and you don't have enough $'s in the trading account... these are all excuses of course; I had a small gain in a sector that was tanking and I ran like a punk. Yes it has been the real deal and my research indicates that it is the real deal- this was one of the one in a million shots a stock at $1.00that REALLY was worth $5.....

Alas...
    Anyway I make this all up to you now....
    BUY WAVE. This is the first time I have mentioned the name- I will post relentlessly on the name if if ever starts to do what I think it is going to do... take a look that chart this is a low risk- little downside play, with a large short position ready to cover at the slightest blip upwards>> may that blip start in earnest next week! ~ I'm out of EMKR bUY the way!!!

~ stoney

#19     Dec 14, 2007
  10. having a huge day on earnings lets let the dust settle but I was looking at this beginning of week. damn.

Emkor is the new Canadian Solar!

EMKR breaks out of mid day bull flag & surges strongly extending session rally ,now +$2.83-24% Nasdog's #4 % gainer today!!!!!

#20     Feb 7, 2008