Emini's for $500 margin?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dowsallwet, Mar 4, 2003.

1. wet dow,

they are totally legit.

surfer:)

#11     Mar 4, 2003
  2. Does anybody know about their commissions?

#12     Mar 4, 2003

3. they are negotiable.

surfer:)

#13     Mar 4, 2003
  4. Thanks to all, very helpful.

Now if you guys can tell me how to make consistent millions a year...

:D

#14     Mar 4, 2003
  5. So you still don't know? :confused:

#15     Mar 4, 2003
  6. Negotiable are fine, transparent are better. It sucks that they didn't put it on their website.

#16     Mar 4, 2003
  7. I am a current customer of Global, and have been since about July 2002. I would say they are comperable to other brokers in regard to service, support, reliability and so forth: USUALLY everything works alright! (They screwed up my VERY FIRST e-mini trade, it really freaked me out!)

About the best deal you can get from them these days is around $7 rt on the ES (ask for Jakob Schneider) with $500 margin and the J-Trader platform.

Up until last fall I was paying $12, but I guess competition finally go to them. :D

Prosper,

kp

#17     Mar 4, 2003
  8. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

I just started using this broker, so far I like it

if I need to call for an emergency they pick up the phone very quickly, service has been great so far.....

they use either Reffco or Rosenthal as a clearing firm. I am using Rosenthal with the j-trader platform very quick, I get market orders filled almost instantaneously 2 seconds is long, ......

My fills are much faster than my previous broker and the platform is awesome. $500 margin is very low and an inexperienced trader could find themselves in trouble very easily. especially if they don't know what they are doing or how to manage an account

so two thumbs-up for Global from me

but I am still new with them

Lotus 7

#18     Mar 4, 2003
  9. balda

balda

$2000 to open an account
    $7.00 R/T
    no other charges at all
    always answer phone on first ring
    I am a happy customer

#19     Mar 4, 2003
  10. Pabst

Pabst

I see where they ask for deposit directly to Rosenthal or Refco. Always a good sign! Never send funds directly to a non clearing firm. It's fine to use an introducing broker, just make sure your funds are actually with a clearing member of the CME.

#20     Mar 4, 2003