Emini's for $500 margin?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dowsallwet, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Does anyone know of the reputation of a online broker called daytrade4less?

Daytrade4less.com

The margin is excessively low and I'm wondering if that should throw up a red flag? Other than the usual caveat to the trader about trading futures etc.

Gus

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think $500 is just a little low :) Esp given that it can move more then that on a hiccup.

Brandon

3. Normally the red flag is thrown up when someone tries to tout a company on their first post.

4. Dude,

That's not a tout. It's an honest question. I was thinking about doing this but I just wanted to know if this company was legit. Or if there's anything that I should be careful about.

Rosenthal is backing them but I wonder...

That's all.

Gee such paranoia!!

5. 1 contract to 49 contracts require $500 day margin for E mini SP & E mini NQ.
    50+ contracts require $1000* day margin (ES & NQ).
    100+ contracts require additional margin (ES & NQ)

So the more experienced you are, the more margin you need
    :confused:

6. with 500 bucks the time you last could be as low as hours instead of days.

7. experienced ??

:confused:

8. the ability to day trade one emini contract with 500.00 margin is a good thing. it allows anyone to trade bigger size as their experience increases, without excessive capital reserves. note this is refering to hands on day trading, it takes a little more than a hiccup for one NQ to move against you 500.00. i have not used global futures, but have tried their simulator. its a normal PAT system and works well. in addition, my research indicates that global futures ( daytrade4less.com) is a legit company.

best,

surfer

9. H2O

H2O

This firm has been around for a while. I heard some good things about them although I do NOT trade with them.

They have the following web sites :

www.daytrade4less.com
    www.gfetc.com

See other threaths on Elitetrader for more info.

Hope this helps

#10     Mar 4, 2003