eminidaytrader.com - anyone ever use it?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by sandygray66, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Not sure I understand . . . . who's a thief?

#31     Oct 1, 2008
  2. a pet peave of mine with this system . . . the % of times where a limit order is filled when the market just touches the limit price is unbelievable . . . . it does happen in reality, but not as often as they display it . . . far from it . . . . i'd say it happens 20% of the time in reality, for them it happens 80% of the time . . . . and those trades are posted on the results page. You decide, especially if you've traded with real money. I'm not convinced they are trading real time, probably an end of day recap which anyone can do . . .

I think the results page is way exaggerated . . . but I can afford to check the system out for another few months and see if there's any substance in it . . . .

Consistency is another issue with these guys . . . one day a trade is valid and the next it is not with the same setup . . .

I like their trade management though . . .

#32     Oct 1, 2008
  3. You know what i agree with that too...one day a trade is valid and the next its not....an example is just day before yesterday they took a trade and on the 26th there was a similar trade with more reason to go for...they called it aggressive on 26th and ok day before yesterday...i am goign to bring that up to them soemtime today and will let you guys know what there response is....

#33     Oct 2, 2008
  4. Do they say the results are live,actual or hypothetical (disclaimer) ?

#34     Oct 2, 2008
  5. It is "supposed" to be live, but I cannot say for sure . . . they do have "live" trades in their webinars.

Has anyone else asked them this specific question?

. . .there's the usual disclaimer of risk and "simulated trades" on the results page however . . .

#35     Oct 2, 2008

6. Forget about these "traders" , I asked them if they have live $ accounts with similar results.
    No, they said.
    They teach "trading for a living" but don't do it themselves

#36     Oct 2, 2008
  7. lol . . . . if it works, why wouldn't they do it themselves?

#37     Oct 2, 2008
  8. btw, you asked them this today?

#38     Oct 2, 2008
  9. I'll try and post actual results the way I see it for the benefit of anyone who is on the fence about trying them out. I'm not saying I'm advocating them; I'm still trying them out, this is just for the benefit of people who want to evaluate results before spending $$, I wish I had the benefit of these reviews for the "trading methods/sytems" I've tried.

These guys have several type of trades, so I'll label them trade type #1, type #2, etc . . . Trade type #1a, #2a are respective reversal type trades. Their trades are on the ES. For anyone who wants to see the results they are available at:

http://www.eminidaytrader.com/results.htm

They don't define trade types on this page, so I'll try . . .

I'll try to present results for trades they did take per their strategy and trades per their strategy they did not take . . . . if anyone else wants to chime in please feel free . . .

Trades reported as taken for 10/20/08
    Trade #1/#3: Short at 963: Legit trade per strategy: Gain 11ticks
    Trade #1/#3: Short 966.25: Legit. Unlikely fill on 1st exit, so should have been a 6 tick loss, but reported as b/e
    Trade#2: L 970.25. Legit. Unlikely fill on entry, would likely have been a 12tick loss, reported as 3 tick gain
    Trade#2a S 969.75: Legit. Unlikely fill on entry. Would have been a 9 tick gain, reported as a 3 tick gain
    Trade #2: L 974. Legit. 50 tick gain.

Likely actual fills: 52 tick gain
    Reported: 64 tick gain.

#39     Oct 20, 2008
  10. No, the guy annoucing on that link is not the same guy. The trade screen also looks very different. The indicators being used seem to be your traditional technical indicators and these guys use market profile

#40     Oct 21, 2008