Emini trading!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Predictor, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FX-Trader

You hit the nail on the head! The lower the rate a firm offers, the less number of brokers and clerks they can hire to handle calls when things go down.

You are also right that we offer two independent trading platforms the help with that problem even more.

Craig

#21     May 10, 2002
  2. Stevet

I agree. That is why we offer 2 independent trading platforms and are easily accessible through the phone, email or Yahoo! Messenger.

Craig

#22     May 10, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

craig,

so are you saying that if the platform goes down, even if you dont guarantee to indemnify the losses - ( which as it happens is I think is a reasonable request - if its the platforms fault ) - you are able to always get someone out of a trade?

#23     May 10, 2002
  4. NickLeeson

NickLeeson Guest

Thing is, poor Def is at a time zone disadvantage being based in merry HongKong, so he can't really engage in all this gun shot typing here to defend himself. Athough the good thing is he has lots of time to think out his answers in peace and quite when he is awake ahead of all the rest of us not based in Asia.

:D

#24     May 10, 2002
  5. Stevet

Yes!

Craig

#25     May 10, 2002
  6. stevet

stevet

so the two trading platforms are fungible - if with the same clearer?

#26     May 10, 2002
  7. Hi guys. Someone here suggested picking 2 brokers in the event of a breakdown in one of the systems.

A common sales pitch given to me by futures brokers is that they, unlike Interactive Brokers, have a trading desk staffed with order takers who can take you out of a trade if system goes down. Would'nt that negate the need for a 2nd broker assuming you are willing to call it a day when your broker goes down.

I would think that their desk would be so inundated with calls that you really need that 2nd broker to get you out of the trade. Any insights would be appreciated.

#27     May 10, 2002
  8. Htrader

Htrader Guest

You are still implying that in case of a failure in your primary system, traders would still be able to get out with your backup. Again I ask, if you are so sure about this, why don't you put it in writing?

#28     May 10, 2002
  9. Even if they are fungible there might be the problem that you do not know what position you have. And yes, sometimes your broker does not know either. And in the end he will tell you that it´s your responsibility to know what positions you have. Sounds familiar to anyone ? This same old story can happen every day with every broker in the world.

#29     May 10, 2002
  10. stevet

stevet

FX-Trader
    trading eminis manually - you would have to be really unlucky to not be pretty sure of your position

fills are so quick, that the chance of you opening or closing a position - just as the platform goes wrong - would be a million to one chance ( but i bet it happens to me next time!)

so an opportunity to get out or at worst case halve the risk - has to be a good option

#30     May 10, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.