emini trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Jim bashaw, Mar 14, 2002.

1. lightfoot

FX is right! At this time I do not know of any level II platform that also offers charting and/or analysis capabilities. I would expect to see that possibility by the end of the year, though.

Craig

#81     May 2, 2002
  2. a little off-topic but,

I want to use the E-Minis to follow s&p500 futures
    on the IB platform

is the symbol ES?

It says something about subscribing.
    Does this mean I have to pay to view this real-time quote?
    I'm unfamiliar with futures.

thanks
    Mark
    :cool:

#82     May 5, 2002
  3. savage

savage

Mark,

Symbol is ESM2 and yes you have to pay the Globex fee to get realtime quotes.

Savage

#83     May 5, 2002
  4. Mark

We offer free streaming level II quotes on the ES and NQ, plus all other electronic markets.

Craig

#84     May 6, 2002
  5. Most brokers offer Globex and CBOT quotes for free if you trade.

Why not just check out the websites....if you don't know them then going to the Brokers section and look them up.

But warning is most futures brokers are very cloak and dagger and don't like telling people their rates. IB and Tradestation both advertise their rates....the others are too scared to make them public......
    However just with your posting you'll likely receive some p.m.s along the lines of we can help you...but first tell me how much trading you will do, and how much money you are worth, and where your from and then i can determine how much to fleece you for.

#85     May 6, 2002
  6. lol ..don't forget they'll want your email address so they can spam you with their "valuable" research.

#86     May 6, 2002
  7. Fohat

Fohat

Craig,

Will Apex offer single stock futures trading, when they become available? Is the software integration of SSF trading underway?

#87     May 9, 2002
  8. Fohat

I predict that the first SSF on any US exchange will not happen until the 4th quarter of this year. Our platforms are as ready as they can be at this point, but not much can be done until the exchanges themselves get their act together. Actually, the parties to blame for the delay are the CFTC and SEC. They are still trying to agree on specifications and rules.

Craig

#88     May 9, 2002
  9. I heard a rumor last week that SSF's might not come out at all anymore. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

-Todd-

#89     May 9, 2002
  10. Not a chance ...

#90     May 9, 2002