Emini Trading Strategies

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sbxems, Jan 17, 2011.

1. sbxems

sbxems

I find it completely infantile that people feel the need to be so negative towards everything.
    I never said that I do not have a money management plan. What i said is that I do not have a fixed stop in place with every trade that I make. I do enter with multiple lots and scale out of the trade. 99.9% of the time after entery I take 1/4 out at .5 moving the rest to break even +1 so when I say "the only question is how much money you make" it means will I get stooped out on the remaining 3/4 for a small profit or be able to scale out of the entire position for a decent profit. When you enter a trade that .5 comes instantaneous if you are hovering around break even within 1 minute of entry i usually scratch the trade....but that is rare for I bracket my trades and again I reiterate that I 99.9% of the time obtain my .5.

"I also trade TF along with ES.

I don't know why anyone would try to scalp TF

That thing goes up and down enough during the day to triple your money (assuming compounding)."

I'm not going to bash your post all I am going to say is good for you. If a certain strategy is working for you that is great but is it really necessary to bash something that works for someone else? I am by no means an amazing trader but on average i average between 600.00 and 2500.00 a week. Can i improve? YES do I want to improve? YES. So if you triple your money everyday please share. help others out.

The purpose of this thread is for those who would like to continue their trading education not to have people make fun of eacother. This is not highschool. So if you do not like it move on, do not read it. For the others pleae post ideas along with charts.

Thank you all. Happy trading!!

#11     Jan 18, 2011
  2. Plot on the following on daily, 15, and 5 minute chart.

Strong S&R areas. Subjective.

Pivot (Daily). Mathematical

VAH, VAL, and POC (Daily). Mathematical / Market Profile.

Trendline on Daily (up, down, triangle, flags, etc.). Subjective.

Trade these as reversal areas. Stop at breaks, target at historical average moves.

This all requires screen time and discretion. It provides a basis for a simple system. Experience can hurt this or help at the same time. Add fib retraces on strong moves.

Convergence of price on 2 or more of these areas offer stronger probability.

#12     Jan 18, 2011