emini scalper's question

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by alanack, Apr 24, 2003.

1. "Core position" ?

I try to make 2-3 points in the S&P's. Some days are much harder than others.

#11     Apr 25, 2003
  2. Here is another try.

#12     Apr 28, 2003
  3. alanack

alanack

What are the dates for those trades, if you don't mind? Thanks.

#13     Apr 28, 2003
  4. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Column A contains the date for the trades, right?

#14     Apr 28, 2003
  5. alanack

alanack

When I bring it up via OpenOffice, all I see in column A are a series of ###'s.

#15     Apr 29, 2003
  6. resize column A?

#16     Apr 29, 2003
  7. alanack

alanack

Thanks. That did the trick. Also, for anyone who sometimes needs to open a file from Microsoft Excel and doesn't have the program, OpenOffice is compatible. It's a free version of Sun's StarOffice, and can be downloaded at www.openoffice.org.

Alan

#17     Apr 29, 2003
  8. that was a different file than yellow brick road. I will try to find it and repost it.

#18     Apr 29, 2003
  9. Ebo

Ebo

Core position = net long or short held for more than ten minutes for a scalp.

#19     Apr 29, 2003
  10. Success. this is the analytical spread sheet that can be used to determine how to make money trading or investing.

You can compare the potential that is there with how you are doing.

The efficiency is there to use for both yourself and the market. you can, of course modify the equations where it is applied as you wish.

I notice that people do not do very well as a rule. This is probably because of how they translate their thinking into action.

On the other hand the market has an efficiency also that has to be reconded with too.

For scalpers, as you see by the posts, they do not make any money to speak of compared to their potential. that is why I think of them as a fringe element. It appears to me that they contribute a kind of "noise" to the data and do not really function as market influencers.

In the spectrum of things, there is a goal oriented target called "the holy grail". I track about a dozen basic methods for making money and I focus on how to improve each one a notch at a time. I either look at personal or market efficiency improvements. Personal stuf related to the algorithm used and the market efficiency related to the operating point of the market for money making purposes.

As you read the posts of people here, youreadily see where they are growing or in many cases where they are stuck because of their misperceptions and mental and emotional baggage.

#20     Apr 30, 2003