Emini S&P 500 expectations.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by malaspina, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Handle123

Handle123

ES got pretty close to area my system expected, it seeking new highs/hedged.

#21     Oct 4, 2018
  2. It looks like a new downtrend. I might be wrong, just a thought.
    upload_2018-10-4_19-44-6.png

#22     Oct 4, 2018
  3. Sprout

Sprout

It is the Dominant traverse of the new short trend exiting the overlap of trends. What comes next is the non-Dominant traverse which in this case is increasing price on decreasing volume after volume to the short side peaks.

eidt: this is for RTH only, don't really know what the overnight will do

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    #23     Oct 4, 2018
    malaspina likes this.
  4. Thanks.

#24     Oct 4, 2018
  5. ES selling off more during the extended section ....
    upload_2018-10-5_4-35-25.png

#25     Oct 5, 2018
  6. water7

water7

TP all long vega options play of SPX (ES~2878) & RUT (TF~1630)
    profits are exceeded my volatility projections lol

anyway happy weekend :]

#26     Oct 5, 2018
    malaspina likes this.
  7. I like the setups at this price im net long we had a nice 3-4% drop in ES SPY jan 2019 option spreads. 1 week short term options for playing both sides though im net long on those to i can adjust to take advantage of more selling. I wouldn't mind more selling I dont think i will happy unless we get some unexpected news. AAPL back at buying prices

#27     Oct 6, 2018
    malaspina likes this.
  8. Very interesting...

#28     Oct 6, 2018
  9. A question: If 2870 does not hold the selling will this transform into a downtrend environment ?.
    upload_2018-10-6_9-22-28.png
    upload_2018-10-6_9-23-32.png

#29     Oct 6, 2018
  10. New downtrend on the works? I read this in another forum, what do you think?

Here I copy and paste:

The rewiring of product sourcing on a global level IS long-term and permanent. Any void Americans leave will be immediately filled by other trading partners, permanently, not short-term. This entire trade-war and tariff issue will hurt the small business owners in the middle of America so bad but it will probably be too late when they admit. You think once Chinese have sourced their hogs and beef from Australia that they will happily re-route back to the US once the circus in the US is over? I highly doubt that. We often hear that in turn for this pain American businesses will relocate back to the US which will ultimately benefit workers and consumers. Sure but an isolated America will see its corporate valuations and stock market shrink to at least half because current valuations to a large degree depend on future sales to foreign countries. I am willing to make a bet that Apple in its entirety will be 100% obsolete in China within 5 years. Any Apple product will be replaced by top notch domestic players. Same with the auto industry, computer industry, high tech semiconductors, and and and. This policy hurts America greatly. It only serves an insane emperor who claims he is self made when in fact he sucked the tits of his daddy when he was already 42 years old.

#30     Oct 6, 2018