emini russell 2000

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by riley, Oct 30, 2003.

1. riley

riley

any emini russell 2000 traders out there? Lately (past year) it has been trending perfectly on the daily chart. It is a bit too messy to scalp during the day, but for those looking for smooth, long rides up and down, it looks great.

2. qazmax

qazmax

:)

3. riley

riley

with TradeStation, the continuous symbol is @ER2 and the actual future symbol is ER2Z03.

4. I trade the ER2 intraday. I usually take around 8 - 10 ticks per trade. The only thing that pisses me off is that sometimes it won't move at all unless the ES makes a big move.

5. riley

riley

I tried to trade it intraday without much success. I felt the risk-reward just wasn't for me. At times during the day, it does appear to have a mind all its own and, like my cat at home, will just sit when all kinds of things are going on around it. When I noticed this, I realized it simply nails the direction of the daily trend. Today has been one of the few days I have seen where there has been a good trade against the daily trend, but we had a huge gap up thanks to the GDP number.

6. this thing has a mind of its own :(

hard to figure ... maybe I can look for when the russell buy programs hit ....

7. 8-10 ticks per trade? ER2 moves this much in a few seconds sometimes... :eek: At least it seems like it....

8. I agree. I think I'll try to hold on to winners for a bit longer now, though 8-10 ticks is a good target for scalping.

9. my favorite contract. also like the emini mid cap

10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

It is interesting to trade.
    One weird problem, what you see on the chart is not what you get. I always seem to be at least 3 ticks off.....It is one of those things that is better to swing trade so that the 3 ticks do not matter so much. IMHO:)

#10     Dec 10, 2003