emini daytrading with Point & figure

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by trader333, Oct 13, 2003.

1. I don't understand how point and figure can be based off a 1 minute chart? I thought one of the results of P&F charting was to remove the time scale. Please explain.

#11     Oct 15, 2003
  2. CWU

CWU

"I don't understand how point and figure can be based off a 1 minute chart? I thought one of the results of P&F charting was to remove the time scale. Please explain."

First there was tick driven P&F that employed one box reversal charts. From these they would slow things down and create 3 or 4 or even 5 box reversal charts from the tick driven charts.

In the 40's Abe Cohen realized you could get many of the slower signals by using EOD 3 box reversal charts that looked at the high and low of the day.

Doesn't matter if you are looking at monthly, weekly, EOD, 1 min, 10 min, etc time frame. They all have a high and low. Some folks use just the close. That's what Steele claims to use.

Chuck

#12     Oct 15, 2003
  3. You mean to tell me that after the 1 minute chart has closed, then the P&F chart will use the close price to draw a point and figure chart? So it is kind of just getting one data point per minute? Is that what's going on? Interesing - a 1 minute filter is being applied if my interpretation is correct.

#13     Oct 15, 2003
  4. CWU

CWU

That's it exactly.

#14     Oct 15, 2003
  5. Thanks for explaining that. This helps a lot.

#15     Oct 15, 2003
  6. If anybody wants insight into PF ask Gann. He ran some test in the past.

Well....Only if he wants to share it tho!!!

Good Trade !!

Trend:D

#16     Oct 16, 2003
  7. WDGann dont wanna share jack, he's an AB.

#17     Oct 16, 2003
  8. I could be wrong about this, but it seems the unwillingness of various traders to share their success with you is a common complaint.

Why do you suppose that is?

#18     Oct 16, 2003
  9. I don't share with people I've never met.

Though, I will help in ET. Along with posting stupid stuff. :)

#19     Oct 17, 2003
  10. Hi WDGann,

Keep on going WD, I learned you are certainly not the most stupid guy around here.

nononsense

#20     Oct 18, 2003