emini daytrading trainer wanted

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Funster, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Alain and Funster,

Isn't it easier to trade Dax with S&P as an indicator , Bund with the T-Bonds? plus you guys can trade the eminis during the night session I often see nice trend in the night session.

#21     Feb 7, 2002
  2. novembr

novembr

i heard that teresa lo's chat room is good. the one i like is temple williams @ www.sellnow.net/freesite. he's doing $1000 per contract per week nicely. but money is not the main point, i really like and respect his articles/writing about discipline and the ability to stick w/ it.

and believe me, you're not alone in your frustration.
    g'd luck.

#22     Feb 8, 2002
  3. alain

alain

here is a simple chart... it's from today... I thought a simple Web-Chart is enough to get an impression of the daily price range ;o).

Yes, there are some usage of the S&P 500 as an indicator for the Dax Future.

One thing I would like to say to Funster. I get the impression that you jump around from one future to the other... organize your trading... make a business plan and become your hardline manager.

Anyway.. if some people are looking forward to trade the dax, the euro bund or the eurostoxx50... I can give you some infos on it. Contact me over the private messages.

alain
    (switzerland)

• dax.gif
      File size:
      6.8 KB
      Views:
    #23     Feb 8, 2002
  4. alain

alain

by the way.. each point in the dax is 25€

#24     Feb 8, 2002
  5. PKJR

"heck I am still short from 1160 added "

Does this mean you rode out the 50 pt. rise in them back around the 30th ? What kind of stops do you use?

#25     Feb 8, 2002
  6. PKJR

PKJR

once i am in the money for decent amout of points I use monthly charts to guide me and my stop is based on weekly charts.

My stop was based on the close abobe 1140

#26     Feb 8, 2002
  7. dgzadok

dgzadok

>>>I think your expectations may be a little high, $1000 per contract per week is not within the realms of possibility.

That means that you are catching at least 20% of the daily high low range (4 points out of approx 20 points) every day. No one is that good.<<<

LOL... are u kidding? 4 points a day is child's play :)

I usually pull 6-10pts a day on average with a 90% win percentage...

$1000/wk/contract... not a problem at all...

Happy Trading!!!

dave

#27     Feb 9, 2002
  8. funster, have you tried to trade in a different time frame (maybe longer) with less risk exposure and smaller positions ? it could help you, it will take some psychological pressure off you. if 1 mini is still too big (e.g. because you want to pyramide in or want the chance to hold over nights), retry with the QQQs, they are exactly as fast as the NQ is.

#28     Feb 9, 2002
  9. Funster

Funster

Impressive returns,

but how long have you been doing it? and over that time what is your statistic of winning days/weeks vs losing days/weeks?

Thanks all for your support

#29     Feb 9, 2002
  10. PKJR

If you got in at 1160, watched it go to 1080, an 80 pt. gain, then climb back to 1130 without covering, you must need a wheelbarrow to tote your cajones around.:D

#30     Feb 9, 2002