emini daytrading software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by subq, Jun 6, 2006.

1. subq

subq

I am looking at daytrading eminis and it seems there are several different software programs out there (as well as brokers).

I really want something with DOM type order entry. In addition, I am wanting something with no platform fees because I won't start off too heavy on the volume.

I think I have it narrowed down to:

x_trader
    strategyrunner
    ninjatrader

I kind of prefer something with charting built in...volume or tick charts would be nice...not sure that is going to be possible though. I used RealTick III daytrading equities (which I no longer use).

I have seen a few other options (some look like rebranded software) i.e. Infinity Pro @ Infinity Brokerage that have DOM type order entry. I thought I rade x_trader had a patent or something on that style.

Since I am deciding on a broker for index future trading only as well...the platform issue makes the choice a little more difficult. A lot of people like Interactive Brokers but I don't see hitting the monthly minimums to start. Buttontrader looked nice though.

At any rate, pros/cons of each of the software packages mentioned and/or brokers would be much appreciated...searching the forum produced quite a few results but many of them were extremely old.

Thanks.