Emini Day Trader Methodology

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by pspr, Jul 10, 2010.

What is your primary daytrading methodology?

1. Trend Following

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Mean Reversion

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Breakout

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. pspr

pspr

I've been using a trend following method that buys on the dips. It has been just moderately successful. I seem to get my a$$ handed to me when I try to trade breakouts. And I'm working on a mean reversion strategy that I'm hoping will make my trading more consistent than my trend following method has. Discussion of your experiences appreciated.

2. None of the above. S/R.

3. pspr

pspr

I guess that is a form of mean reversion but I should have thought to include support/resistance separately.

4. Yes. It is uber-mean-reverting. It crashes right through the mean.

5. pspr

pspr

The mods moved my thread and I couldn't find it! Now that I have, it seems the votes are split between trend following and mean reversion.

6. I suspect that they are confused and really want to vote for mean following or trend reversion.

7. schizo

schizo

Those who love to catch falling knives will always resort to the mean reversion method. Those who like to play safe will always follow the trend, provided there is one. Lastly, the Überwonks who are always late to the party will go for the breakouts.

Do you get my drift? It all depends on where in the trend you decide to load up that will dictate how you'll play.