Emergency cut tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by faith4more, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Emergency cut tomorrow?"

What's the "emergency"?

#41     Mar 11, 2008
  2. controlling money supply growth is even more important. the fed has failed in this area

#42     Mar 12, 2008
  3. capmac

capmac

Cut rates now !!

:p

#43     Mar 13, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Keep talking about rates cuts, IT WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, how many times do you want the federal reserve to step in and cut rates, it seems everytime the markets start to fall, the only catalyst left for the market is a reduction in the rates, well if you want that you also have to expect skyrocketing inflation. You want 130 oil and a dollar thats worthless, keep begging for more rate cuts.....

#44     Mar 13, 2008
  5. capmac

capmac

:D

#45     Jun 3, 2008
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Seems as though it hasnt solved a thing, liquidity is drying up and there is no one that wants to lend, tight credit market, I think we can welcome new lows on the markets soon. This is far from over, anyone wishing for a rate cut can keep wishing because the federal reserve is about done lowering rates, forget about any catalyst that will push the markets higher, there isnt any at the moment, the federal reserve is done offering all its rate cuts. By the way 130+ oil was reality when I talked about it in my prior post, thank the federal reserve for significant inflation and a dollar thats just about worthless.

#46     Jun 3, 2008
  7. day you are too funny....The last time the fed cut you came on here and said the cut was unnecessary, now that the mkt sells off a bit and LEH is about to go the BSC route, and WB is in big trouble you say the cut is coming. The fed can't save whats happening, they had a case of premature cutalation, and their ammo is gone. Live and learn buddy, when the fed tries to reinflate bubbles all they are doing is reinflating bigger troubles.

#47     Jun 3, 2008
  8. [​IMG]

#48     Jun 3, 2008
  9. wjk

wjk

Just curious...was today's showing by the fed a scheduled event, or was he trotted out because we had a big down day yesterday? Used to avoid shorting when he was showing up, but now wondering if his appearances are a sign to dump my longs and short away.

#49     Jun 3, 2008
  10. capmac

capmac

Cut rates now !!!

:D

#50     Jun 18, 2008