Emergency cut tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by faith4more, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Just one more fix thats all i need just one more than I will stop.

Just one more, just one more ,just one more

#31     Mar 7, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

They just increased the TAF by $100B, you want a rate cut too? The fact that the market is down like it is even with that news is a bad omen. I think the Fed may be worried about cutting right here right now in to the teeth of forced liquidation, what happens when they cut and it has no effect (wait that movie already played) ? It means that the Fed will have lost even the sham fantasy that it is in control or has any ability to control what is happening.

Everyone is screaming about having to mark things to market after marking to fantasy for so long now (yeah i wish i could just call up my brokers and tell them they are valuing my positions incorrectly too :D ), well it is finally happening because people are being forced to sell. You can't avoid marking to market when you sell.

#32     Mar 7, 2008
  3. it doesn't matter when they cut, how much they cut, or what the statement is....the market will rollover again. who cares if its 2% higher or 4%? Just a chance to take a little vacation and reload towards may. The fact that 1375 is a fucking impenertrable ceiling is all one needs to pay attention to.

#33     Mar 7, 2008
  4. Mvic

Mvic

The fact that few realize that if it wasn't for the TAF the banks would be insolvent, and that's not hysterical hyperbole, that is a fact, and it is nowhere being reported or even undertsood by the media is a clear sign of the complacency that is still rife within the system. Does anyone think that what Larry Summer's just called the worst economic crisis that the US has faced in a generation and perhaps ever jives with current market levels?

#34     Mar 7, 2008
  5. toc

toc

speculating on rate cuts is usually risky :D

#35     Mar 7, 2008
  6. the fed needs to increase rates and find other ways to stabilize the banking system because rate cuts haven't worked.

#36     Mar 7, 2008
  7. Shagi

Shagi

So what next for the FED.

The poor labour numbers makes a 75BP rate cut a sure fire thing, but stock index futures going south. Even a 0% rate will not save the day until the real problems are sorted out

#37     Mar 7, 2008
  8. capmac

capmac

Cut rates now !!

:D

#38     Mar 10, 2008
  9. Long term aggressive rate cuts are very bullish.

#39     Mar 10, 2008
  10. Do it 100BP...I'm a long donkey right now. Uncle Ben haunted my dream last night too. Fuck it, cut it to 1% and get it done with. Let's start a new credit bubble.

Just give me 1290 spooz and 11,900 DOW today.

#40     Mar 11, 2008