Emergency cut tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by faith4more, Mar 2, 2008.

1. balda

balda

looks like longs can't sleep well

#11     Mar 3, 2008
  2. But thing is they have it up for consideration tomorrow. Whether they cut who knows but odds lean towards them cutting. If I shorted Friday at close I would be nervous.

#12     Mar 3, 2008
  3. We've been down at this level a few times since the last cut, and they didn't do anything. There won't be the chance of an emergency cut until we go under 12K.

Translation: I went long Friday at the close, and I'm nervous as hell. :D

#13     Mar 3, 2008

4. Ha... That's like saying there won't be any chance of puddles of water unless it rains tomorrow.

#14     Mar 3, 2008

5. IF I was a short I wouldnot go to sleep. The rate cut is coming anyways and sooner they do it better for the economy. They will look very aggressive and in control.

I think the Feds let the cat out of the bag a hint for the market not to get creamed trying to be too bearish. They donot want you to get hurt either...well thought and well done.

#15     Mar 3, 2008
  6. #16     Mar 3, 2008

7. Don't count on that stupid logic of yours. Read between the lines.

Why the hell Fed put that notice out there a day before the market opens on Monday? They want you to get the hell out of the way and not get hurt if you hold bearish positions which they can see. The Fed are giving you ample time.. Get out.

#17     Mar 3, 2008
  8. He's right. It's way too risky to hold shorts until after this Fed meeting.

#18     Mar 3, 2008
  9. capmac

capmac

CUT RATES NOW !!!

:D

#19     Mar 3, 2008
  10. #20     Mar 3, 2008