Embarrassingly Stupid Americans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by armoured saint, Feb 22, 2008.

1. stu

stu

Embarrassingly, isn't it the case that America gained its independence from Britain not England...
    England is part of Britain isn't it?... like Wales and Scotland and N.Ireland are. The British government - therefore Britain - granted (well it f*kin had to) independence didn't it??
    How embarrassing is that??!!

#11     Jul 18, 2008
  2. this thread is fun..... now my turn. Lets see who can answer the following correctly:

1. which of the following is not a color;
    A white
    B black
    C grey

2. which of the following is an American original;
    A fortune cookie
    B apple pie

3. Which of the following is the president of the united states able to do while in office;
    A change a law
    B make a law
    C intoduce a bill

4. what hits the ground first, a bullet traveling at 3000 fps shot off a rifle that was perfectly parallel to the ground ... or ... a bullet that was dropped to the ground at the very same time next to the other one?

5. if aleins living near our closest star (besides our sun) decided to hop on a ufo and visit us, how long would it take for them to arrive on earth, if they were travelling at the speed of light?
    A 1 hour
    B 10 days
    C over 4,300 years

#12     Jul 18, 2008
  3. Arnie

Arnie

Just quessing, but here goes.......

1. White

2. Fortune Cookie

3. C Introduce a bill

4. Tie

5. 4300 years

Did I get any right?

#13     Jul 18, 2008
  4. You were close! You got 2 wrong:

1 is Black.... (black is the absence of any color, white is a cobination of all colors...I.E. as when its split through a prism )

2. is Apple pie.... Apple pie came directly from England, while fortune cookie has its origins only in the states!)

3, 4, and 5 are correct!

:)

#14     Jul 18, 2008
  5. i got them all right. i gues im not embarrassing stupid. just embarrassing

#15     Jul 18, 2008
  6. sim03

sim03

Actually, Arnie didn't get 2 wrong. As your own explanation demonstrates, his answer "Fortune Cookie" to Q. 2 "Which of the following is an American original?" was, in fact, correct.

#16     Jul 19, 2008
  7. Yes that is true........ i stand corrected.

#17     Jul 19, 2008
  8. Sorry, but the answer to 5 is D none of the above.

Travelling at the speed of light, means the distant light travels in ONE YEAR. Therefore, C sohld say "over 4.3 years")

The closest star is the Alpha Centauri cluster. It is approx 4.37 light years away (not "over 4300"). In fact, there are hundreds to thousands of stars closer than 4300 light years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Centauri

In fact, the tiniest member of this system is Proxima Centauri, and is closer than Alpha Centauri currently, at about 4.22 light years.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap020715.html

#18     Jul 19, 2008
  9. hee hee hee hee :D :D

this is embarrasing !
    I figured using a calculator and some how did it wrong..... should've just double checked online.

so i stand correcyed again :D

Oh why oh why did i start this post? :confused: :confused: :mad:

I am looking like a fool :(

#19     Jul 19, 2008
  10. Vista

Vista

Correct, if the assumption is made that they could actually go the speed of light. As a spacecraft approaches the speed of light, its mass would approach infinity, therefore requiring an infinite amount of energy to propel it. Probably easier to just bend space.

#20     Jul 20, 2008