Email software that updates every second

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Daal, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Daal

Daal

The minimum I could find was 1min

2. Ignoring the inevitable posts to follow that will ask you WHY? You will need an Exchange server and Outlook (full, not Express) as your server/client.

The instant the Exchange server receives it, a connected Outlook will show the message. No Send/Receive necessary.

There are lots of web hosting companies online that will provide you such a service. Try here:

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Ma...4B8D71859402E8.TC61b?__frame=_top&__lf=Static

But simply changing email clients using your existing service provider won't do it since I'm guessing you use POP mail. Hell, even IMAP still requires a Send/Receive.

3. Daal

Daal

all the software needs to do is to the 1minute procedure every 5 secs or so. i dont think this is a server issue

4. Your post said "updates every second." That means Active Sync or an Exchange server.

Now you say every 5 seconds. Which is it?

5. Daal

Daal

either one is good, 1mim is a little too much

6. That girl you met at the bar last night, don't sweat it man. Play it cool.

You don't want to respond to her emails immediately anyway...make her chase you man.

You got this my man.

7. Daal

Daal

sec fillings and company news if your wondering why

8. mr19

mr19

another alternative is to look for a mail provider and client that supports the IMAP IDLE command.

I believe the free aol email accounts support IMAP IDLE on the server side and you can keep using Outlook Express on the client side.