Email service for business email - need help!

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by brownsfan019, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Thanks Mark.

I am going to do the trial of webmail.us

They appear to have many of the features you mentioned and so far, great tech support as well.

#11     Dec 11, 2006
  2. You sound like a classic "late adopter".

I have used GMail for business for 18 months...
    And get maybe 1-2 spam/week... near zero...
    And would never, ever go back to the endless headaches of Desktop Email Clients (they all suck).

#12     Dec 11, 2006
  3. I just wanted to provide an update to my problem here in case this is read down the road.

I looked at multiple email hosting services for businesses and ended up going with www.webmail.us

I have NO affiliation with them, just a very, very satisfied customer.

Prior to moving to webmail, I was getting spam emails galore, one of which included a virus that shut my computer down (see first post). Now, I get maybe one spam email a day, which is down quite a bit.

Here's my stats from the last month of service:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, in just the last 30 days I had 694 spam messages and 179 DHA's as well. I received 177 emails that I wanted and sent 143 emails. Needless to say, it was very frustrating when you get spam that is over 3 times what you are actually wanting to receive.

Anyways, these guys are good, know their stuff and the pricing is very reasonable. I only needed their minimum plan and it's a whole 60 bucks a year for 5 email addresses.

#13     Feb 10, 2007
  4. SOLID54

SOLID54

I have been with webmail for two years, and I am very satisfied with the service. I have two domains through them currently

#14     Feb 10, 2007
  5. sp3298622

sp3298622

Another good provider is fastmail.fm. I use them to host my business email for the following reasons:

1. allow 50 mx redirections so you get to have an email like yourname@yourbusiness.com, yourname@yourotherbusiness.com
    2. allow imap - use whatever local client you want, outlook, thunderbird, whatever
    3. have 2GB of storage
    4. have 1GB of web file storage accessible through webdav and web interface
    5. 39.95$/year for the enhanced account with these features.
    6. great spam filters
    7. very sofisticated email filters - even use regexp's to direct mail

Just a happy customer.

MJ.

#15     Feb 10, 2007
  6. I find it interesting that after less than 2 months at your new email address, you're already getting 20 spams per day. Are the spammers targetting webmail.us with a dictionary attack?

#16     Feb 11, 2007
  7. loufah - I was getting this, if not more, BEFORE moving to webmail. The difference is that webmail blocks them so I don't even see them show up in my Outlook. Prior to moving, I was getting these emails delivered into my Outlook and not only was it a waste of time deleting all of them, one messed my computer up pretty bad.

Note - the email address is not new. The email addresses themselves are the same, it's just being hosted through a different provider.

#17     Feb 11, 2007