Email alert when a particular user posts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by mmm, Apr 29, 2004.

1. mmm

mmm

Hello,

I would find it helpful being able to "subscribe" to a particular user.

There are a number of people on EliteTrader who consistently have value-added posts.

Anytime that person posts, I'd like to receive an email alert.

What do you think about this suggestion?

-- MMM

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I like it. Thanks for the feedback!

3. mark1

mark1 Guest

great idea, I second that! :)

4. mmm

mmm

Baron,

What's the timetable for this feature?

Not to put any pressure on you or anything. Just wondering if we're talking days, weeks, months, or longer.

-- MMM

5. :)

6. Yes, i want value-added posters in my mailbox too! :B

7. Could ET keep track how many subscribers they have...as a sort of a ranking or following? Post a little number next to their name?

Michael B.

8. taigong

taigong

Great suggestion indeed, and ElectricSavant's idea.

On the flip side, I think ET should set up a score system (let's say, annoyance score), based on member feedback (a check box nest to a member's handle, maybe), for the following:

--those who use forums to covertly peddle their ware (sponsors are excluded, of course);

--those who degenerate into name-calling;

--those who are perpetual whiners or complainers (I have a few handles on my mental "stop" though I have not been here for long);

--those who ... (?)

The "annoyance score" is not meant to infringe on members' right to free speech. It is just a means of attaching some embarrassment factor to those in the above category. Granted, some members will abuse this, and some included in the above category will not care (or even wear it as a badge of honor), but at least it attempts to discourage certain behavior so as to keep ET at a high-quality level where members can share, learn and discuss trading ideas and strategies.

Just a thought...

tc