Elon Musk Internet with latency under 20

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by birdman, Sep 10, 2020.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

No matter where you go there you are.

#41     Sep 10, 2020
    zdreg and wartrace like this.
  2. What miserable life you have in USA. Sounds like notes of a crazy psychiatrist tripping on mushrooms.. And no Internet.. I think Zimbabwean are happier nation than Americans right now.. :vomit::vomit::vomit:

#42     Sep 12, 2020
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Guess you think Boris "Badenov / Brexit" Johnson is any better.

#43     Sep 12, 2020
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Boris, that nobody has a clue what the dumb toff is saying, shit really does rise to the top doesn't it.

#44     Sep 12, 2020
  5. virtusa

virtusa

In the 90's I had a realtime datafeed from DBC (is now Esignal) by satellite. Was very fast and reliable. Only problem was that in winter I had to keep the head that was mounted on the satellite dish free of snow. Datafeed never dropped out. I used a professional satellite dish (size 160cm) made of some kind of polyester fibers. Dish was not really cheap, don't remember the exact price anymore. Price for datafeed was $185 a month.

#45     Sep 12, 2020
  6. virtusa

virtusa

#46     Sep 17, 2020
    apdxyk likes this.
  7. pixel

pixel

This is going to be interesting process

#47     Sep 22, 2020
  8. apdxyk

apdxyk

Nanosatellite revolution has been going on for some time now.
    =======================================
    https://arstechnica.com/features/20...tems-booting-up-where-no-one-has-gone-before/

Back in 2013, bitcoin core developer Jeff Garzik posted a humble idea to the Bitcoin Talk Forum: what about building some bitcoin resiliency in space?

"I was researching how to sort of make the bitcoin network even more resilient,” Garzik says. “And I had an amateur space background—my father took me to Space Shuttle launches; he worked at the White Sands Missile Range." Garzik saw two potential paths: the first, according to him, was to rent a bandwidth on an existing satellite and use it to broadcast the blockchain data. "But from the blockchain community standpoint, there were too many single points of failure, there was a significant shutdown risk,” he admits.

This second path, however, was to tap into the nanosatellite revolution going on. Garzik envisaged putting a ring of micro satellites on Earth’s orbit, and those satellites could be connected via an inter satellite link that would store and broadcast the blockchain data.

"I called that the SpaceChain," says Garzik. “The SpaceChain was designed as a self-healing mesh network of multiple satellites that could route around hardware and spacecraft failures. We were looking at a sort of cloud computing model, many plus cheap, where you could make up for failures with software."

Garzik’s idea was quickly forged into the SpaceChain foundation, and the SpaceChain foundation quickly got busy developing the SpaceChain OS, which was to run on all of those satellites.

#48     Oct 3, 2020
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

kewl

#49     Oct 3, 2020
  10. birdman

birdman