Elocal's J-trader

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by virgin, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Does this mean they use their own servers and use RCG only for clearing ? Why don´t they use RCG´s servers ?

#11     May 1, 2002
  2. virgin

virgin

Yes, they use their own servers and clear
    trough RCG.

#12     May 1, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

elocal is owned by RCG - so effectivly they are the same thing - the servers should be RCGs though - so that any IB which uses RCG would go through them - or is this not the case? - i would be pretty pissed off if i was another IB and elocal was given priority - so i dont think that can be the case?

#13     May 1, 2002
  4. stevet

stevet

vulture

it does not matter how low commisions are - and i personally believe that in a few years - you will look back and be amazed that anyone payed $10 - but anyway - the level of their profits is not the point - the fact is that they take clients - when they know their equipment is not up to it - and the whole point of paying more than Interactive Brokers cost - is that you are meant to get a 100% service - which elocal did not provide - but the people who lose are the clients - as they may get screwed in trades

commisions are a factor in a traders bottom line - but so are technical problems - they are a real cost as well which has to be factored in - so this is an important consideration

#14     May 1, 2002
  5. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Advanced Futures offers the J-Trader(patsystems)
    The clearing firms that I work with offer great service
    and are always working on ways to improve their
    technology to handle any problem.

#15     Jun 26, 2002
  6. stevet

stevet

what are the specific clearing firms?

#16     Jun 26, 2002
  7. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

#17     Jun 26, 2002
  8. stevet

stevet

and how do you decide which one to apply to an account

#18     Jun 26, 2002
  9. Xenia

Xenia

#19     Dec 9, 2005
  10. Where do you get the info that Elocal is owned by RCG ?

#20     Dec 9, 2005