Elocal, Daytrading Margins

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Merkur, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Merkur

Merkur

It seems that IB revert to 100% margin for the e-minis really at 3:50pm EST.

At which time each day does elocal revert from daytrading magins to full margins?

regards
    Merkur

2. dkamp

dkamp Guest

Reverts when you hold "overnight", which they told me means anything held past 4:15 PM EST.

3. Merkur

Merkur

Ok, thx for your answer dkamp.

Can anyone confirm this? I think this is the correct way to handle Daytrading-Margins.

Why does IB then want to revert at 3:50 pm???

4. def

def Sponsor

IB doesn't make margin calls and doesn't want to get hung with overnight risk or be in violation of the margin rules. The auto-liquidiation function protects all clients from a rogue trader.

5. Merkur

Merkur

Yes Def, but why doesn't IB revert at 4:05EST? The e-mninis trade until 4:15, and that with enough volume, so there would be 10 minutes "room" for IB.

6. dkamp

dkamp Guest

Yes, 4:05 makes much more sense. There is often a strong move into the close that one can ride, while still getting out safely 10 minutes before the eminis stop trading.

7. Merkur

Merkur

Exactly, Dkamp.

I just asked this question in the IB Chat, and the guy told me, that he has no exact information right now at which time the margin will revert and I should ask again on monday.

Every IB customer who wants a margin-revert after 4:00pm for the eminis should mail that to the support like me.

regards
    Merkur