ElliptiGo Elliptical Standup Bicycles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by comingkingofisrael, Aug 14, 2016.

1. I'll be buying one in September,8C version.Any tips/experiences to use it to train for running?My knees won't take constant running anymore so I plan to use the ElliptiGo for my training and treat myself to a mile or 5k parkrun or local 'allcomers' track meet every month or two.Top speed is 25mph so I assume it's roughly twice as easy as running so a hard hour a day would equal 70-80 miles run per week which is plenty for an old man.Thoughts/comments welcome.

2. traderob

traderob

I would say buy a roadbike instead. But do let us know how it goes.

3. You're a smart man. The ElliptiGO will give you a much better, more "running like" workout than a road bike. There have been studies done that show ElliptiGO training is almost one-for-one with running, and my personal experience over 3.5 years has borne that out for me. That makes it really easy to swap out whatever you would have done as a run workout - based on time and/or effort - and do the same thing on a GO. For example, if you would do a 30-minute tempo run on Wednesday, do a 30-minute ride at a comfortably hard pace. If you would do a 90-minute long run, do a 90-minute easy ride instead. Good luck and have fun!

4. Thanks both.I want to be No.1 in the runbritainrankings for the V50 class so setting a realistic goal as usual.I never got on with bikes (like trying to tie up too short shoe laces but with one's feet) but the elliptigo seems much closer to running,especially uphill.

TheSocialPitt likes this.
  5. traderob

traderob

does anyone find it odd that someone registers after the OP made his post and immediately posts what sounds like advertising for the product?

6. traderob

traderob

7. That must be why elliptigo brought out the 'Arc' version.Anyway food for thought I hadn't seen that one.