Elliott wave does work

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by commoditiestrdr, Feb 3, 2008.

1. "seem" "wavy" "subjective" "hard to prove" etc. etc.

This could also be said of reading chicken entrails or tea leaves. So many believe in their witch doctors. They usually put on a very good show that entrances the believers...

#21     May 26, 2008
  2. sg20

sg20

TA is subjected to interpretations. Although technical analysis predict the market, most PA traders listened but won't believe in it and I wondered why?

sg20

#22     May 26, 2008
  3. Like anything else that's for sale, its tough to find verifiable track records for EW calls.

Glen Neely has a service, you could subscribe for a while & see if it offers an edge. I get the impression he doesn't mix in a whole lot of other stuff with it, but I don't know what his River method entails...

There's some track record info in Timer Digest occasionally (lets you see how the so-called experts do with the methodology). Google:

"timer digest" elliott wave filetype : pdf

Eliminate the spaces on either side of the colon. If I do so in the post, ET shows a smiley.
    The filetype : pdf thing will get you old issues of Timer Digest that are on the net, but if you remove it from the search there's more info in html pages.

Finding a workable method is like finding the right golf club for your game - there's no one correct answer for all, and some that suck for you are great for others.

smitty

#23     May 26, 2008
  4. jhithers

jhithers

You need to get back on your meds. Why does anyone have to prove anything to you? What makes you so special that you can make demands that others give or do something for you? Just because you have posted over 2,200 times on ET does not mean you are anything special.

#24     May 26, 2008
  5. So, you think that something that remains in the belief space (asserted but unproven) is better than traders actually being able to rely on something. I don't really think you understand the gist of this thread. Apparently you remain in the 95% loser category...

Don't let the door hit you and your 63 posts on the way out...

#25     May 26, 2008
  6. jhithers

jhithers

Wow, you really put me in my place.

#26     May 26, 2008
  7. Didn't mean to overload your little mental circuits.

Sorry, but it is hard to put you any lower than you already are. You believe in fairies and Santa Claus, and do not understand nor grasp why something should be proven before risking money. This is a strong sign of a newbie trader, so there is little hope for going any further with "you"

As your head is filled with hot sand, about all you can do is tip it and let the sand run to the other side.

Not worth bothering with the feeble minded, so you are invited to join my ignore list.

#27     May 27, 2008
  8. Thanks for the reference, Wallace, shall look into it.

#28     Jun 25, 2008
  9. benleeph

benleeph

that book is a good start for elliot wave trader wannabe. i recommend that you combine with fibonacci too.

#29     Jul 22, 2008
  10. that way, you can be assured of losses

#30     Jul 22, 2008