Elizabeth Warren is trying for Scott Brown's senate seat.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Sep 15, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Elizabeth Warren is now trying for Scott Brown's senate seat. Mark my words, this woman is the second most dangerous person in America, behind Obama. She was the one who helped build Obama's "Consumer protection agency."

She wants to see this agency grow exponentially, as she currently sees it as her legacy. The consumer protection agency is going to be one of the biggest disasters America has seen since the EPA, or the DHS. This "Consumer Protection Agency" was originally Ralph Nader's idea, and he has been pushing it since the 80's, so one can pretty much guarantee that this is going to be the biggest heap of bureaucratic shit that we have ever seen.

Conservatives/libertarians need to pay very close attention to this race. Not only will this agency cost us far more than originally intended, this agency is going to have all kinds of control over commerce in the coming years. The only way to get rid of this agency is if we get rid of Obama, and conservatives control both houses. If Elizabeth Warren steals Scott Browns seat it is game over, as she will push the filibuster. This will end being yet another agency which has incredible control over our lives, if we allow it.

2. Second most dangerous to who? The corporatist? I hope she wins. Unlikely, but she stands up to the fat cats like nobody else. She wins, they'll probably arrange an "accident" for her. That's how much they hate her, and fear her.

3. Max E.

Max E.

For a guy who spends his entire day railing away against banks, you sure do not seem to understand the system.

These agencies come out, supposedly with "good intentions", and then they turn into gigantic bureaucracies and the only people they harass is the little guy. You can bet your ass that this one will be no different. The "consumer protection agency" will set a couple rules for big banks to follow, and then they will ruthlessly harass smaller businesses, and small businesses will not be able to afford to keep up with them.

When was the last time the SEC made someone at Goldman do the perp walk for insider trading? How many big wigs went to jail for the mortgage fraud that went on all throughout the last decade? Yet the SEC is able to find every single little piss ant day trader who buys to many puts right before a bad earnings report. Its a fucking joke.

How many people have the TSA caught with bombs BEFORE they boarded the plane?

The EPA is now being used as an axe for the obama admin to swing at businesses they dont like.

How bout the department of education? What would we do without them, half of our kids are illiterate, but oh boy, are they ever doing a bang up job.

Meanwhile the budgets for all these asinine government agencies gets bigger and bigger and bigger, and the only people they hurt is the little guy.

Conveniently none of these agencies target the big businesses, and if they do, the big businesses are the only ones who can afford to deal with the problem. All these government agencies do is crush small business. I am amazed that you dont understand how this works, when every second post from you is a new diatribe geared at those "evil bankers."

4. I can't find the link.

So this guy who has medicaid goes to the dentist and is refused treatment because his beneifts are maxed out. He knows this is untrue and uncovers a massive medicaid billing fraud.

The kicker to this whole deal is: he spent 4 months trying to get a gov't agency to assist him and finally hires an attorney.

Yea well the system worked but not like it is supposed too.

-------------------

Speaking of consumer protection, I'd read another incident where the city overcharged on water bills. Get this, after admitting there might have been overcharges, the sysytem has no procedures to refund money. So more than one person was told to eat shit and die when it comes to refunds. Ya think we need a thousand person agency to right these wrongs?

5. Max E.

Max E.

What we really need is private agency that monitors the government, and has the ability to shut them down when they are being useless.

6. I understand completely how it works, and you're right, the big boyz skate all the time. That's how it is when you have the wrong people in charge. The bought and paid for types we have at the moment. That doesn't mean that's how it should be, that's just how it is. So your solution is to send in the same people over and over again, and just deregulate everything. No need for any rules, regulations, any laws at all. I'm sure the big boyz will suddenly have a moment of clarity, get a sense of right and wrong, never do anything wrong again, and all will be right in the world. I won't hold my breath.
    We need people that will enforce the regulations and Warren is one of those people. Right about now what this country needs is a Sanders/Warren presidential ticket. Time to run these fucks right out of town. Leave the country? Good! Don't let the door hit ya' in the ass.

7. Max E.

Max E.

While the little guys get put out of business because of these agencies.... Even though they are innocent in most cases, but they can not afford the slightest interruption in their business.

8. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, those 2 in complete control would end the United States quicker than a nuclear Bomb. You would have to fill out a 20 page government form, just to take a piss in the morning..... god forbid you forget to put the seat down when your done, youd be looking at jail time.