Elizabeth Warren has a message for you job producing freeloaders.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Sep 22, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Oh, contraire. That IS pretty much how it works. Someone gets an idea for a business, takes a risk with money they've saved and the money other partners/investors have saved and starts a business. If it grows they are financially rewarded and can expand and create jobs for other people. If it fails, the risk takers are the ones who lose their money (and sometimes their homes and families).

How are those workers and union bosses doing in Botswana without employers? Not making the incredible wages they make in the U.S., are they?

#31     Sep 22, 2011
  2. And the bad thing is that morons like IQ 47 can't see it for what it is.

#32     Sep 23, 2011
  3. that is nonsense. she is exactly correct. business does not always carry the load. they ride on the infrastructure that the public pays for.
    one small example. in the town i grew up in they started a manufacturing business. this business has heavy trucks going in and out day and night. these trucks have destroyed the roads leading to this small town. the public will pay to repair those roads. at the same time this business is a low wage crappy job business so they have a hard time finding employees. so what did they do. they imported mexicans to do the job. these imported employees have ,since they recieve no benefits, overwhelmed the welfare system in the area and flooded the schools with troubled children. tell me again how business does not benefit from public money.

#33     Sep 23, 2011
  4. I'm disappointed in you on the crazy right. From reading some of your posts on this thread I was expecting something more from this clip. Did she say anything that you thought was factually innacurate?
    Oh and by the way she didn't say that businesses don't pay for anything, where did you get that from? Maybe the clip didn't play all of it on my end.

#34     Sep 23, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

Turn the VOLUME ON on your computer. Now, replay the video. :D

#35     Sep 23, 2011
  6. LOL ok , maybe that was my problem. I was getting drowsy watching the market during lunch.

#36     Sep 23, 2011
  7. Eight

Eight

she sounds commonsensical.. who knows, maybe she is for Blacks working in the private sector? Oh, wait.. Democrat, never mind....

#37     Sep 23, 2011
  8. jem

jem

So why are the wars going on

so why don't they fix medicare part d... it was a give away to the drug companies.

So why is ge paying no taxes.

To quote Ms. Warren

Thats 4 things right there. She should be supporting Ron Paul not democrats.

#38     Sep 23, 2011
  9. do you think much? lets take just one. medicare part d. what do you think would happen if tomorrow obama proposed that they change the law to force drug companies to negotiate large discounts on drugs purchased by medicare? could it pass the republican controlled house. who would be the roadblock? democrats or republicans.

#39     Sep 23, 2011
  10. We all should be supporting common sense, item by item.

#40     Sep 23, 2011