Elizabeth Warren has a message for you job producing freeloaders.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Sep 22, 2011.

1. See, this post and liz's rant really get at the heart of how liberals think.

Liberals automatically look to DIVIDE people, rich, poor, black, white, union, non union, female, male, etc. Its always us vs them mentality and so they are inherintly causing conflict. One group is always OWED something.

"oh, they wouldnt be able to run their fancy companies if WE didn't build these roads, blah blah fucking blah"

you can flip anything they say, "there would be no money for roads if not for the brain power and hard work of our entrepreneurs" We may be living like we did in the fucking stone ages still if not for those types.

buuuuuuuuuuuut no, its oh they OWE US for being successful in OUR country!

gay.

#21     Sep 22, 2011
  2. TGregg

TGregg

Cuz she's offering up free ice cream.

http://freedomisknowledge.com/freeicecream.html

Free ice cream gets votes. People shut off their brains and dream of money for nothing.

Not so much Obama and this broad. Rather the voters who fall for this stuff is the bigger fear. As long as there is a large block of voters willing to buy into the free ice cream story, then there will be people like Warren and Obama up in front offering it.

#22     Sep 22, 2011
  3. Tell mom we said hello.

#23     Sep 22, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're arguing with a guy who defends Joseph Stalin, literally.

#24     Sep 22, 2011
  5. correct. its nice to know there are at least a few thinkers left on et.

#25     Sep 22, 2011
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Reader Brent Amos offers a rejoinder:

What amazes me is how so many people linking this quote celebrate the sheer ignorance of it. People who build factories pay a variety of fees that also pay for roads, schools and many other things. Just a few fees in my locale are Building Plan Check and Permit Fee, Transportation Impact Fee, Parks Development Fee, School Impact Fee, Service Impact Fee (for police and fire), Treatment Plant Connection Capacity Charge, Trunk Line Capacity Charge, and any number of special fees depending on the nature of the building. These aren't fees for a factory necessarily, these are fees to build anything. Then for the life of the building there will be ongoing assessments (taxes) by the city and county that will be used to pay for city and county services and roads. The fee schedule for my city alone is 28 pages long.

Someone who builds something pays his fair share, especially here n California. Moreover, someone with the wherewithal to build in California has paid taxes on his (probably larger than average) personal income and residence. That developer also paid the salaries for the construction workers and then the employees that worked in the building who in turn paid income tax, sales tax, and if a homeowner, real estate tax.

Yes, almost everyone pays for roads, police and fire, but a developer has paid far more for such things than the average citizen. How much worse off would a community be that didn't have someone to build buildings and pay employees that then pay taxes? It isn't very hard to find communities that are dead or dying because they couldn't find businesses to locate there. The liberal myth that businesses don't pay their fair share is what drives those businesses to other states or countries.

And what's with the crack about "marauding bands"? Does Ms. Warren honestly believe that is a realistic problem in the U.S.? This isn't Europe.

Indeed. Warren's obnoxious quote is supposed to rebut those who accuse the left of engaging in class warfare. Instead, by dividing America into businessmen and "the rest of us," and portraying the former as freeloaders at the expense of the latter, she proves they are absolutely right.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...3875354.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion

#26     Sep 22, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#27     Sep 22, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

And to think the witch is running for the Senate in 2012. At least she'll be swept away with the rest of the Obama narrow minded trash in 2012.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson

Pretty much sums up the goals of the Democratic Party.

#28     Sep 22, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I sure "Hope" so.

#29     Sep 22, 2011

10. So you're comparing the US to botswana. Thats like saying "Look mom, I got all D's on my report card, isn't that great! I am doing so much better than the kid that dropped out in 9th grade!"

Botswana is Botswana and drop outs are drop outs. You can't compare apples and oranges, duh. :p

#30     Sep 22, 2011