EliteTrader: Charge $500/year

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by EtfTrader, May 12, 2004.

1. nitro

nitro

Ok.

$1.50.

But I think CC's companies just get 2% of the purchase price. I do not really know if there is a minimum charge.

Also, it is not the act of charging that is important, only that the CC is active. I often have retailers say, "we will not charge the card, just see if it _can_ be charged." So even just running this process will work, and the cost would be "$0."

nitro

#31     May 13, 2004
  2. cable

cable

I believe there's a yearly charge to get set up to accept VISA cards, a few hundred bucks, but I (of course) could be wrong...

#32     May 13, 2004
  3. nitro

nitro

That is fine. Barron needs to start selling hats and T-Shirts, pens, trading clocks, or other trading related products like trading books or other goodies.

Further, it is tax deductable and the real cost is close to zero.

But it is the Business case for it that is the strongest argument as an expense to Barron. Not spending money for a real business need is being penny wise and pound foolish.

It's a no brainer.

nitro

#33     May 13, 2004
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Wanna know how difficult it is to get as many cards as one wants? Check your mail.

#34     May 13, 2004
  5. nitro

nitro

That is fine. Try it and see what happens to your credit rating by the fourth one, as they do a credit check each time you apply for one.

The stuff you get in the mail says you are "pre-approved," but they will check your credit just in case. LOL :D

nitro

#35     May 13, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know, only on ET would people be so desperate to have multiple aliases that they would actually open new credit card accounts just to be able to have their aliases. LOL. Man, what is wrong with these people.

#36     May 13, 2004
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

That's something I've wondered since 1994.

#37     May 13, 2004
  8. What happened in 1994?

#38     May 13, 2004
  9. I'm not too sure, but it has been 10 years since that dreaded year... :eek:

#39     May 13, 2004
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

When I first went online.

Loonies, of course, have been around longer than that.

#40     May 13, 2004