EliteTrader: Charge $500/year

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by EtfTrader, May 12, 2004.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Hmmm....you have a point. Why should I care about nameless/faceless people on the web? Sorta funny when I think about it.:p

#11     May 12, 2004
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Good question, particularly when so many of them have such a tenuous grip on sanity.

#12     May 12, 2004
  3. ...for the continued opportunity to mock the medium.

#13     May 12, 2004
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

We all pay, in one way or another . . .

*angst*

#14     May 12, 2004
  5. ...because it is a fertile source of "look what I discovered yesterday" posts which are so unutterably stupid and backtest with such high losses that they are actually good systems in reverse. I got a good last half-hour system like that here just last month. Also it is a good way to see to what degree your systems are unbelievable, counterintuitive, and therefore original if nobody ever talks about them. Plus, I would pay for each day's puzzle piece for my Jack jigsaw puzzle. I put it together upside down so I'll be astonished at what's on the other side when I can finally turn it over.

#15     May 12, 2004
  6. taigong

taigong

Since members here are all traders or trader-wanna-be's, why not have ET be operated like a market place on a pay-per-poste/view basis. Every member should register with a paypal account.

Example, divide the new threads into categories, depending on the nature of the thread, i.e., proffering advice, starting discussion, or seeking help, etc:

To start a thread proffering advice:
    --100c per poste;
    --1c per view/reply (first 5 or 10 views free);

To start a thread for discussion:
    --10c per poste;
    --1c per view/reply (first 5 or 10 views free);

To start a thread for help/advice:
    --10c per poste;
    --1c credit per reply:

Well, something along these lines, so that the poster/viewer/replier can determine the risk/reward or ROI ratio.

Just a thought.

tc

#16     May 12, 2004
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

A penny per view is a great idea.

If I get the penny . . . :D

#17     May 12, 2004
  8. $100 is fair ...

#18     May 12, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually I thought of something even better. Why not let the poster profit by starting quality threads. Say you start a thread, now it will cost you let's say a dollar to start a thread. This is important because otherwise guys might start hundreds of threads. Now, everyone that views the thread, pays a penny, and that penny goes to the thread starter. Anyone that posts, pays a nickel and that also goes to the thread poster. This will give the thread starter an incentive to start quality threads, since he is paying to open the thread, and it gives him an incentive to provide a quality thread, otherwise no one will read or post on it.

It will keep the junk off the threads too because everytime you post on a thread, it will cost you a nickel. That will make you think twice about posting crap. This is a great way to allow members to profit from helping others and also keep ET clean with quality posts. Now maybe chit chat can stay free and everything goes there, I don't know. But certainly on the other threads this system would work very well.

Think about it Baron. This makes total sense. Sure the number of posts will go down, but that's good, that's what most people want. I hate having to read through 20 pages in one day on one thread to get to one quality post. This system is perfect. What do you guys think?

#19     May 12, 2004
  10. Why would I pay to help others and answer questions?

#20     May 12, 2004