Elite Trader Wishlist

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Sep 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Sometimes I'd like a direct link to a current post.

To do that right now, I go through the search engine to find it.

Then I take the resultant URL, drop the search terms and it comes up with a directlink to that post which I can then e-mail to friends.

If you had a direct link on that post that would just copy the URL into my cut & paste buffer, that would be great.

Or maybe there's an easier way that I just don't know about

#41     Dec 9, 2001
  2. Rigel

Rigel

Maybe there could be a special catgory for trading rooms, stock picking services, chatrooms, etc.
    All the following are on trading page 1 tradingmarkets.com?
    chartpattern.com
    QQQ Daytrading Website
    floatanalysis.com
    Chat Room Reviews
    Swingtrading Websites
    StockTrendWizard.com
    TheTechTrader.com
    It would make it easier for those interested in the services to find them. It seems like the general content is shifting towards a different kind of trading.

#42     Dec 10, 2001
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

cashonly - great idea!
    I would also like a ET page where people can buy/sell trading software, hardware, books, systems, and other trading-related things.

DT-waw

#43     Dec 10, 2001
  4. cashonly

How about a "Congratulations to our newest 100+ post member". This can clue people in to those up and comers who may have something worth listening to, or at least to take a look at.

#44     Dec 16, 2001
  5. cashonly

For threads that show up on the homepage, how about having a last post date and time.

The folder icon is nice, but many times I come into EliteTrader and don't have a chance to check out all the new updates. Having the last post date and time here would help see what I'm missing at a glance.

#45     Dec 23, 2001
  6. PitBull

PitBull

Is it possible to get ALL threads if wanted, not only the one I participate in, sent to you by email by end of day or week? I would like it if it doesnt exist.

#46     Dec 27, 2001
  7. toby400

toby400

baron
    Could not your site put vendors and others who are not earning a living solely from trading on a seperate thread since it is difficult (especially outside the USA) to seperate the vendor with a hidden agenda from the trader willing to share or swap knowledge.

Better still, bar vendors altogether since you can always have a section that rates software or reviews books by people not connected to publishers etc.

The proliferation of vendors on this site has resulted in warnings from other sites to be alert to sort the vendor from the trader.

So lets sweep them into their own corner or bar them all.

toby
    UK

#47     Dec 28, 2001
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Toby,

I'm not sure what you mean by vendors. If you're talking about keeping paying advertisers from sponsoring certain forums, then NO, that will never happen. The advertisers support this site financially and there is no way we could function without their support.

Now, if you're talking about vendors who are not advertisers on this site but still push their products through our message board, then yes, we can do something about that. However, we can't do it without everyone's help. If you see a post from a vendor that you think is objectionable, click on the word "kill" in the lower right hand corner of that post. That will enable you to alert us about that post so we can review it and take the appropriate action.

#48     Dec 28, 2001
  9. toby400

toby400

Baron,
    How do I recognize your sponsored advertisers amongst all the threads and forums?

Do they have a label "Sponsor" or "sponsored by.."

If not, perhaps this would be a good idea since it would allow readers to quickly recognize them when searching for unbiased material.

Neil
    UK

#49     Dec 29, 2001
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Current sponsors are:

TerraNova-MB
    Bright Trading
    TerraNovaOnline
    RapidFireSwingTrading

#50     Dec 29, 2001
Thread Status: