Elite Trader Wishlist

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Sep 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. >> Baron: I'm a little hesitant on that one because many members register because they want to post a comment right on the spot.

I was referring to creating new topics, not adding comments to existing ones.

#31     Nov 19, 2001
  2. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Baron,

Maybe you should add a new section called "Journals"
    just for the journal threads.

Since the success of Hitman's Journals, new threads
    with people's journals have been popping up. It
    would clutter up the Trading section if everyone created
    a new thread for their journal.

Thanks!

#32     Nov 22, 2001
  3. I use Elite from two different computers. It appears that I can participate in polls from both computers, essentially letting me vote twice. Not a big issue, but though you'd like to know.

#33     Nov 26, 2001
  4. Grabbit

Grabbit

Minor issue:

Maybe it's a good idea to have attachments open in a new window. I sometimes accidentally close the window, closing ET altogether. You somehow expect it to be a new window, I guess, but then it isn't.

#34     Nov 28, 2001
  5. jaan

jaan

actually, there is a way around this (this requires additional development, though). basically, you add an 'attach' button next to the browse form that would attach the current file to the message being composed, thus freeing the form for next file. that's how webmail programs do it. let me know if i should explain in more detail (i've actually developed a web messaging system supporting multiple attachments myself).

- jaan

#35     Nov 28, 2001
  6. Baron,

I would find EliteTrader a lot more helpful if I received just a single e-mail each day detailing which of my subscribed topics had new messages posted to it.

Right now I get individual e-mails throughout the day, and if I am subscribed to a lot of topics, these e-mails clutter up my e-mail box unless I act on them right away (which I sometimes don't want to do).

Having the option of receiving just one lump e-mail a day, instead of individual e-mails as they happen, would be nice.

Thanks.

-- Punter

#36     Nov 30, 2001
  7. ddefina

ddefina

I like the realtime emails. A solution at your end would be to route emails received from ET to their own folder (Rules Wizard in Outlook). I do this with IB's daily statement for instance.

#37     Nov 30, 2001
  8. Grabbit

Grabbit

I also like the real-time e-mails. I have them sent to a web-based address which I almost exclusively use for ET messages. Works just as fine as a separate folder.

#38     Dec 1, 2001
  9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Hi Baron,

First, let me say this is an EXCELLENT site. I have not seen better forum software anywhere. You blow SI away!

Now for my request. How about a "Classifieds" section.

I could see people buying/selling/trading the following products/services:

Series 7 materials
    Technical Analysis Software
    Trading specific computer equipment (ie multi-monitor cards)
    Custom programming services for traders (ie DDE, etc.)
    Mentoring services
    Trading Books

In addition, it would probably be easy to find a sponsor for this section like one of the Trading Books on-line retailers.

This may also help to keep from other areas being "spammed".

#39     Dec 8, 2001
  10. genebort

genebort

I agree with this as I have some books and videos that I no longer need and would part with for postage.

#40     Dec 9, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.