Elite Trader Wishlist

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Sep 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Since the recent message board upgrade went pretty smooth, it's time to get your next round of suggestions for site improvements and/or new features. I have a few oustanding items from the last wave of suggestions, but I want to keep the ball rolling so I don't get caught up :)

The most pressing items are:

- A spell check function for new posts.
    - A ratings system for trading software, similar to the broker ratings.

If there is a feature that you consider a "must have", or if there is a service/feature that you think would be popular, cool or just plain useful, please post it here.

Thanks

2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Hi Baron,

I am still digesting all the new changes...they are great. I like the buddy list feature. What about a live chatroom? Just a general room that everyone could pop into when they are on the board. It seems like I read somewhere here that you used to have one, but that was before I found this site.

Kirk

3. jaan

jaan

as an alternative to email notification, i would find it nice to have a "virtual" message area consolidating threads that i have participated in.

- jaan

4. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Something else I just thought of. Would there be a way to indicate on the main page if you have any private messages in your inbox? I always forget to go check it and then find out several days later that I had a message. I suppose I should just get better at checking. :)

Kirk

5. gh1

gh1

You know, one thing that i would like is to have a "home page" link at the bottom of each thread page.

The forum jump does not take me to the Home Page like the "Home" link does at the top of each page on the green banner. I find i am always scrolling back to the top when the "back" function will only take me to the previous page in a multipage thread.

Picky, but it would same me some time.

Thanks for this excellent trading forum! You've done a great job here!

regards/greg

6. ddefina

ddefina

It would be nice for the membership status to be included when people rank Brokers, etc. Currently only their name is included. It appears some comments are just purposeful slams entered for competitive purposes. If you could see that they are an active participant their opinion might carry more weight. A live chat room would be nice, but then the postings to boards by thread and topic might decrease. Great site.

7. tom_p

tom_p

ddefina, great point and I fully agree. I have deliberately avoided ranking the 2 brokers that I have/had experience with because of the obviously fake entries, some separated by only a few minutes with similar wording and style, that would appear next to mine. And it's not only competitive slams, it's also self-hyping. In short, the current rankings are a joke.
    Oh, nearly forgot.... great site.

8. nemo

nemo

i´d like to be able to adjust the number of messages displayed. as it is now i have to do a lot of klicking to leaf through the threads.

great board, keep up the good work!

9. Baron,

the only suggestion I have is that you make the email notification feature so that it has to be checked to become active rather than the other way around. Sometimes I forget to uncheck it and the next day there will be 20 emails which adds to my already cluttered morning mail. I love the site. :)

10. Baron,

Terrific site. Thank you very much.

I have three suggestions:

1. Put a timer on the site, so that my web browser automatically will refresh every, say, 5 minutes. Currently I have to hit refresh to see new messages on the "home" page

2. Add words like: SuperSOES, SelectNet, ARCA, ISLD, InstiNet to the default spell checker database.

3. The spell checker seems to want to make corrections in lower case. It would be nice if the spell checker could preserver case.

#10     Oct 10, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.