Elite Trader seems quieter than usual today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveNYC, Aug 18, 2011.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Put your money where your mouth is. Make a youtube clip and click to sell short 10 ES contracts and let us see that. You are sure market will go down so why not?

#31     Aug 18, 2011
  2. jsp326

jsp326

Strong earnings due to what? Lots of cost-cutting and squeezing as much productivity as possible. What corporations (wisely) haven't been doing is hiring, raising wages, taking on new projects/investments, etc. This has been a far cry from the 1980s-90s.

The earnings revolution via cost-cutting is about over. Deal with it.

#32     Aug 18, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I'm sure happy for some of the wealthy CEOs, though, because, of course, they are paying my bills every month. You believe that, right?:p

#33     Aug 18, 2011
  4. Actually, market don't go up b/c of hiring, raising wages, taking on new projects/investments, etc.

It goes up based on TA. haha...

Not kidding.

#34     Aug 18, 2011
  5. Why so you can live vicariously thru me? while you are busy buying your 2 lot otm calls?

I already told the other mouthbreather that I've been long and strong precious metals for the year. I'm not going to fuck around with the ES just so you can get your rocks off.

#35     Aug 18, 2011
  6. You forgot "strong earnings due to a weak dollar".

#36     Aug 18, 2011
  7. hajimow

hajimow

Oh you meant that "ONE" inky dinky $20 gold coated coin that they advertise on TV? and if you buy it in 15 minutes, they give you another one free?

#37     Aug 18, 2011
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Gold now acts like currency. It's decoupled from commodities. Risk-on? Gold is up. Flight to quality? Gold is up. The market no longer has full faith in AAA soverign debt (or CASH) as a safe haven. This is A TREND. Next, we could see weakness in Treasuries during risk-off, periods. If that happens, look out.

We're already in deep shit. The European debt contago is unsolvable, as is the US debt problem. I'll be very surprised if Bernacke does not step in with force. Today the market called his bluff for low and long into 2013. FED will be forced to *act* very soon.

#38     Aug 18, 2011
  9. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

I'm on the same boat. I'm considering getting out of XIV and shorting TVIX

#39     Aug 18, 2011
  10. Visaria

Visaria

I believe they had record corporate earnings in 1929 as well.

Just a reminder that the markets look forward, not backward...

#40     Aug 18, 2011